Mini Buggy or Prerunner, Which Would You Rather?

Continue Prerunner or Start From Scatch Mini Buggy

• Total voters

RanchRanger

Reaction
Would you rather have a prerunner or a mini buggy. Currently I have a 93 ranger with a full engine/cab/bed cage, camburg beams, king c/o and bumps up front, deaver f31's and a spooled 9 inch out back. I have a 5.3 Chevy and a built th350 ready to swap and im currently in the design process of a 4 link. Then I stumble across a 2012 polaris xp 850 on Craigslist for $200... I bought it :/ It had rolled down a mountain and the frame is beyond repair. It runs and drives but in no way usable as an atv anymore. Got me thinking, using the drivetrain for a 4x4 mini buggy would be pretty sweet. I live in Montana and the Ranger would be next to useless in the winter. A little buggy appears to be much more versatile for me. I've never sat in any prerunner besides mine and I don't really know what to expect after a v8 swap and 4 link. Will the fun factor of a "decent" prerunner out weigh the benefits of a 4 wheel drive buggy. It won't see a ton of use in the winter but running down coyotes in stubble fields with a buddy would be pretty damn fun in the buggy. Anyways I only have the time and money for one project. What would you do?

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
Sounds like you have made up your mind as far as use and such. I’m
Leaving soon to Mexico to PRERUN in my prerunner and then headed to Nevada next month to volunteer for the race a prerun there. What are you doing ? See what I mean .

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

RanchRanger

Reaction
I see what you're saying. My prerunner isn't really a prerunner since it will never prerun lol. There is an off road racing series in montana. Although I'm really busy in the summer and would be lucky if I could make 1 race a year. Prerunner or buggy it will be mainly be a toy. I live in the middle of BFE and have plenty of ground to mess around on. Wish I could ride in a well setup prerunner to get a taste of what to expect. So what is more fun to drive a UTV or a prerunner? I guess that'she my main question here...

Reaction
A V-8 without a CVT sure sounds better than a CVT without a V-8.

No replacement for displacement.

Josh 8

Reaction
Get a used side by side 4 seat 1000 non turbo. Or any 900 if you are on a tight budget.

All those one off designs like prerunner trucks or buggies are tinker toys. They require a lot of work and the part are not available in the middle of bfe to repair.

There are thousands of morcycle shops that ups you parts for a Polaris off a web site catologe for a side by side.

Personally I am trying my best to hate side by sides but then do have there place and they work. Plus there are a lot of them out there and if you hook up with friends that have them trail rides will result = max amount of fun. A prerunner ranger or taco will not fit the same trials a side by side will go on and just wont hang.