• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mini-Metal Bash

Gabe Lara

Congratulations to the S&S motorsports Crew and their 1st place finish this weekend in the MMB, and a special thanks to all the teams with their hard work, preparation, and cooperation in making it all happen.
You guys put on a superb show!

It was a great time meeting so many more people out there in the pits, tech, the racecourse, and while running laps around the Tree Bar...... not to mention partaking of the festivities around the pool!
One thing that stands out in my mind is the brotherhood, and seeing such a strong support of desert racing as a whole in ALL of the classes.

BTW, what did everyone think of the MMB video presentation at the awards ceremony?

scott

I'll be the first to say this, that it was impressive to see so many 7s vehicles out there. They were all competitive. Some of the 7s vehicle were going by me as fast as an open 7. The HAAS vehicle with Joe Custer ( D. York) truck was flying. Oh yeah, and Gabe, you and Bob Bower are a perfect team. You'll give Shoemaker a run for their money man, good job !!!!!!!!

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Scott in response to your last sentence I have to jump in and add some names of everyone that helped make this possible. And in advance I appolagize for not knowing all the last names or spellings of them...

Thanks to:
Billy Haendiges of Hi-tech Sports for providing equipment, on board cams, the bus and offering to put this together for the MMB
Bob Bower and Erin N. for doing the interviews/comentary and introduction at the awards.
Nikki H. for producing the show.
Gabe Lara and Klaus Rasch for filming Bob and Erin during the interviews and filming the race.
Nicole Pitell, Tony, Jeff, John, Rick & Kat, Doug, Bobby, Barry Buckelew, for filming, pictures, setting up equipment and any other work that had to be done.
(I know I missed some people, please add. I am still recovering from the weekend)
And of course I have to say Juice Designs (me) for sitting in front of the computer editing from Friday morning until Saturday night at 7:45... talk about stress. :)

All the teams will get a final edited version soon.

Also thanks to Bruce Landfield and Doug Siewart for dreaming up this event. Maybe other classes will catch on to this some day...
This just goes to show you that alot of dedication, and hard work can be put together to show not only the racers but more importantly the public how great the sport is...

Gabe Lara

Thanks for the compliment, Scott, and thanks for bringing that up Curtis. Your post is timely, as we did have an entire team effort contirbuting to the MMB Presentation. I hope everyone that saw it truly enjoyed it.

It was a pleasure working with our ENTIRE crew out there, and I look forward to doing it again.

dezertchick

The Mini-Metal Bash was awsome. The pit crew comp was very fun. It had a few of us laughing our asses off with the MC expertise of Bob Bower. I hope it can happen again at another race soon! Good job from all of you, you worked hard to make it happen and it was awsome to watch!

desertracer

I was very impressed with the video that they were able to come up with that quickly after the race and have it all edited for the awards show. They did excellent work.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
like I said... talk about stress... :) I don't think that kind of turn around has been done before, not for our sport anyway.

thanks

I have some final editing to do before sending the tapes to the racers, and like Bob mentioned at the awards I will put all the 7s related material at the end. All interviews etc... there is alot of funny stuff in there...

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
It was great to be part of such a hard working group. The Mini Metal Bash was great and there was some close racing. Congrats to the S&S team on their win!!! I had an awesome time and I hope it can happen again real soon.

Tony

Tomack

The mini metal bash was a great turn out . Good job to everybody who help orkistrate the whole thing.
The production crew was bad ass. you guys made speedvision and shoemaker look like crap. It was totaly better than anything since espn. Bob thanks for telling everybody about the jack problem. It was pretty funny. you partner was bad ass also. Keep up the good work, I hope you guys take over,covering the races.

firedog

Congrats to S&S, you guys were rockin! The video at the awards was killer I can't wait to get my copy thanks Bob Bowers, Hi-Tech Sports & Juice Designs. Thanks again to Bruce and Doug for putting together the MMB, I had a great time racing and when I wasn't in the truck I had a great time watching. So is there going to be another MMB in Laughlin?? Maybe?? Thanks again from all the people at Fire Guys Racing. God Bless America!

DougM

Craig was with Mark Newhan in the old Brown O' Brian Ranger. Black with yellow/ orangepaint spaltter on the bedsides.
He got 4th in 7s I think ?

His first lap he came thru with the toe(alignment) all screwed up and plowing i didnt see he fixed it but it didnt seem to slow him down..

heres a pic
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stewartsraceworks.com/obrien1.jpg>http://www.stewartsraceworks.com/obrien1.jpg</A>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Craig Stwewart came in third behind Michael Coleman who took second...

Tony

Josh_Westwood

It was a great race I helped out the Stewart/Newhan team and had a blast. I hope they do it again soon, I've never seen 20+ 7s in one race. Next time they need to tell the drivers to watch out for the very fast class 1 cars. I heard of three or four 7s trucks pulling out in front of class 1 cars and getting hit.