• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mini truck stock Noobie ?'s Lucas oil series SoCal

dcashley84

Never raced before but decided to jump in with both feet. Need some pointers.

Bought this 89 Nissan hardbody. Waiting for it to be shipped to me.

Need help with what gear I need and best place for deals.

Any other circuits other than Lucas?

Signing up for Contingency's and getting sponsor stickers an crap.

SoCal shops that know how to tune a Nissan?

SoCal shops that can check and make sure truck is legal for the mini stock class?

Thanks in advance.

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1463359096.988703.jpg

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1463359111.651701.jpg

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1463359131.355181.jpg

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1463359150.539791.jpg

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1463359181.864268.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

rvenegas

Need to change the door bars.. Its hard to see the doors but they need to be welded or bolted. The Lucas Rule book has everything you need. Glad there is another Mini-stock out there!

Allenbroracing

Contingency will be done at the track with alist of item you can sign up for with stickers given at the track. Run a gear in the 5 will work the best with a small tire like 225 70 15 will help out. Door bars need to be replace, where are you located I may help out? Lucas oil is the only one but between the Arizona series and the So cal it cam keep you real busy. Any question just be free to ask.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Allenbroracing

Contingency will be done at the track with alist of item you can sign up for with stickers given at the track. Run a gear in the 5 will work the best with a small tire like 225 70 15 will help out. Door bars need to be replace, where are you located I may help out? Lucas oil is the only one but between the Arizona series and the So cal it cam keep you real busy. Any question just be free to ask.

I can also come check j ow legal the truck is?

TRichards

Door bars on drivers side. Take the passenger seat out then the passengers bars are ok. Make sure your belts are in date. Gears in the 5.0 or 5.29 are good

dcashley84

thanks for all the input. truck being picked up tonight. should have it tomorrow. hoping rear end has gearing already but we will see.

im excited.now im thinking the truck is the cheap part. still need racing gear, cage mods. probably swap ads shocks to king or icon.

Jerad#8

thanks for all the input. truck being picked up tonight. should have it tomorrow. hoping rear end has gearing already but we will see.

im excited.now im thinking the truck is the cheap part. still need racing gear, cage mods. probably swap ads shocks to king or icon.
Yep, many people don't understand that buying a race car is one of the cheapest parts of a racing program. The ADS shocks are good quality shock (not cheap) I currently run them on my buggy (i have owned King and Fox in the past). Have fun with the truck.

down4glamis

i still have the 5:67 gears for the nissan axle and a holly carb and adapter plate w/ intake manifold for the KA motors if anyone is interested.