minibikes

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Alright heres the deal. I want a minibike i really want an xr 50 cause you can do so much damn stuff to them and they are so fun it seems. only thing is, is that im not a little kid anymore and none of my freinds are little either so we would end up thrashing the thing i believe. Does anyone have an xr 50 on here that is 200 plus pounds? Or, should i get an xr 70 or something?

Also, what about a minibike race at the next event at the ROR? seems like alomost everyone brings one theses days. i think it would be very very fun to watch and participate in it. what do you guys think?

Gregg

elcaprerunner

Reaction
That would sweet, have a race maybe out on that road where everyone who raced parked off or maybe on thats on or in the middle of the track. My buddy has one with BMX handlebars and an FMF pipe. He is away right now but I am sure I could barrow it. In fact we had it at Sand Blast last year.

"Every day I convince myself of everything I can and can't belive." -Pennywise

motoxscott

Reaction
XR50's are bitchen, but I would go with the 70, or even a TTR90. They have better suspension and more horsepower, and can handle the abuse better.

If you ride a XR50 hard you end up stretching the frame and bending the pegs and fork legs.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
What are also cool and have good suspension and everything are those new KTM 50s or 60s or whatever they are and also those little LEM things, but expensive though. We used to do BMX jumps and stairs and stuff on my buddies XR.

"Every day I convince myself of everything I can and can't belive." -Pennywise

SDranger

Reaction
check this link <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.appliedrace.com/scstore/suspension.htm>http://www.appliedrace.com/scstore/suspension.htm</A> they have springs for xr 50's they say for up to 195lbs but maybe they can make you a stiffer one.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

JOSH

Reaction
me and my buddy just got 2003 xr 50's and so far they have held up to our abuse, including a couple shots at the 25' double in the back yard. im just about 200 lbs and i still have the stock springs, my buddy is aroud 225 and the little suckers still get up around 35 mph with us on them. the best 1200 bucks i have ever spent. lots of fun!

Reaction
Same here, Although I did get the stiffer rear spring and it soaks up everything a lot better. Plan to get the front spring later on.