Minimum age...

martininsocal

Are they any promoters that allow minors under the age of 16 to ride as passengers during races? I want to get my son some seat time during races before he ever thinks of taking the wheel. So far I have hit a dead end, as they say they want a minimum age of 16 because they don't want to deal with a parental consent form.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

desertracer

For MDR the min age is 15, but you do need a consent form that is notarized. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but thats what I know.

MDR #112

Steve_Sourapas

Martin,Score's age restriction is no one under the age of 15 years old will be able to compete.See the Baja 1000 bulletin on the Score web site for all the specific's.I also believe the Fud series is open to people under 16 also.

BEERMAN

TROPHYSEDAN

Hi Marten .We raced at a fud race and they let my son ride with me .Nothing better then having your kid ride shotgun with you.Soon we will be taking our kids to race each other.We will sit and tell them how fast we were.laugh.Good luck Marten talk soon.Dennis

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I KNOW YOU CAN BE A RIDER AT 14 WITH PARENTS CONCENT IN THE SNORE RACES

AllwaysRcn

Martin,
We just had this conversation with Fud and I think he's open to the age limit for passengers as long as all the consent and waiver paperwork is filled out.

martininsocal

Cool- thanks folks for the info. I have to turn in my vacation request for next year and which races we go to will depend on riders. I need to get him into the passenger seat because he can almost reach the pedals and I am afraid one day I will come home and find something missing from the garage!

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

drtdevil93

i know one kid whos been codriving in score since he was 13, so i guess there is some way to get around it.

erik

martininsocal

Ok- There is no schedule up for Fuds next year...any ideas fo when he wil lbe racing? Is the 24 hour le Fud for cars this year?

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

AllwaysRcn

Martin
I've got a schedule somewhere, I'll post it when I find it. You can always count on the Dunaway Dash on New Years Eve. Thats usually a very good turnaout and party to follow. This year's Dunaway Dash is also the "Jimco challenge". Jimco is inviting all class 1, 10, and 1/2 1600 Jimcos to race for a bonus purse. To bad my Jimco 9 car doesn't qualify...lol

AllwaysRcn

Martin ,
Here is the 2003 Fud schedule:

King of the desert- Feb.14-16
FRT 200- April 18-20
Conquista Gran Prix- May 16-18
Amistad G.P. (mex)- Aug.8-10
Superstition 250 (night race)- Oct. 17-19
Dunaway Dash- Dec.30-Jan.1