• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 300 results

Bdub 1020

Does anyone have a copy of results for TT , 6100 , 1500 and 1000. I cannot find anywhere. Also people were talking of penalties being handed out at the finish line last night. Will any of these effect the results. Also would like to see lap times if possible.

Bdub 1020

oops that was a mistake I actually must have hit the 3 instead of the 4 with my fat fingers. But I will let you guys run with it. Where are the results anyone know

Bdub 1020

Are the Mint results posted anywhere. Dang if this was a SNORE event some would be roasting them for not having results posted. Is it me and they are and I just cant find them. Whats up

Freedogger

To be honest, everything about this race is AMAZING....... almost.

Publicity, Glamour, Tech, Fremont street, TV, Media, Parade, Spectators, and Hoopla are all off the charts.

The ONLY thing this EVENT is missing is 400 of kick you in the nuts, rough, nasty, rocky, silty, pissing blood, sore for days miles

Finishing this race isn't the feat it once was.....its now on par with finishing the old Primm 300 race.

I don't blame anyone for the wussification of the MINT 400, this day in age with land management obstacles it is 10x more difficult to create courses that are worthy of the Mint labeling. It's a bummer that its this way, and makes me more appreciative of being able to have competed in this race when it was 400 miles of hell.

ONE_RJ

I agree Freedogger, especially with a Grand Prix finish for the first race cutting it to a 212 mile race for some. They are too quick to cut the limited guys off so they can get the big show under way. I don't understand why they need to give them 3 hours more time then the limited race to finish when they have more horsepower and better suspension.
We won't be doing anymore Grand Prix finish races or the Mint 200 anymore unless something changes.
The Mint is a incredible event! The race not so much, it just isn't what it used to be.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Last edited:

LRS1972

It was the MINT 49 for us, cause that's where we DNF'd.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
The Martelli's are well aware of the limitation of the actual course and are working to improve it. Give them a chance before you say you won't be back.

MADMILLER

It sure did take alot of top teams out of the race so im not sure where the "not hard" of the unlimited race lap 2 and 3 of the course was..It sure was brutal when i went through it.

Bdub 1020

does anybody know why there is a difference between the ending of lap 3, and the finishing times?
Where are you getting finishing times from. Also I agree RJ this grand prix finish crap is just that crap. Trying to squeeze 1 million dollars worth of revenue into a 500 thousand dollar box needs to be changed. I felt sorry for the Trophy lite racers and I love that class.

Bdub 1020

It sure did take alot of top teams out of the race so im not sure where the "not hard" of the unlimited race lap 2 and 3 of the course was..It sure was brutal when i went through it.
If you don't lift you can break anything. Now a days these races are sprint races for the big dogs. If you raced the Mint 400 before BITD you would understand there is no comparison to saying I FINISHED THE MINT 400 in less than 12 hours lol. Its a fun race for many in fact I have had car owners tell me that they race BITD because their finish rate is better and a lot less money to prep for the next race. Freemont was fun and freaky haha like usual.

Last edited:

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
I agree Freedogger, especially with a Grand Prix finish for the first race cutting it to a 212 mile race for some. They are too quick to cut the limited guys off so they can get the big show under way. I don't understand why they need to give them 3 hours more time then the limited race to finish when they have more horsepower and better suspension.
We won't be doing anymore Grand Prix finish races or the Mint 200 anymore unless something changes.
The Mint is a incredible event! The race not so much, it just isn't what it used to be.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Where are you getting finishing times from. Also I agree RJ this grand prix finish crap is just that crap. Trying to squeeze 1 million dollars worth of revenue into a 500 thousand dollar box needs to be changed. I felt sorry for the Trophy lite racers and I love that class.
There was no grand prix finish for anyone either first or second race. I asked over the radio and Casey personally told me no grand prix for the first race.

Bdub 1020

Did not know that GG. Im still trying to find results of many friends and cant. When will they be posted. Thanks

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
I see lap 2 results on the site, but not lap 1. I just asked if those were ready. Will letcha know when I know. So good to see you at Tech!

Freedogger

If using this thought process then the Laughlin Desert Challenge was just as challenging as the Mint..... Finishing rate for LDC was piss poor because everyone drove at a sprint race pace.

Just some numbers to chew on.....

Overall winning times from the course on the north end of town.
2009: 8:27:35 (Andy Mcmillin)
2010: 8:37:29 (Rodger Norman)
2011: 8:30:37 (BJ Baldwin)

Overall winning times from the course in Primm.
2012: 6:05:54 (Robby Gordon)
2013: 6:19:59 (Bryce Menzies)
2014: 6:14:29 (Steve Sourapas)
2015: 5:57:38 (Justin Lofton)
2016: 5:36:10 (Justin Lofton)

Like I said previously, I'm not knocking anyone and I fully understand the difficulties for promoters this day in off road racing. BUT..... the race course conditions at recent Mint 400s have not lived up to the labeling "MINT 400"