Mint 400 Class 1000 BITD get ready to vote tomorrow.

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com
I got off the phone with BITD and they are having a vote for when the 1000 cars should start at the Mint400 race, early or later race. Class 1000 racers are the only people who can vote.

From my mobile device using Taptalk. Spelling mistakes likely.

WickedGravityVideo

RDC Crypto
what the hell? Don't us keyboard jockeys get to vote? After all, we are the ones who will be sitting on the couch next Saturday in our skivvies, eating Funyums and Diet Mtn. Dew, following Weatherman and tracking!

Seriously, I am very curious to see how the racers vote today - keep us posted on results.

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com
Class 1000 – we are getting phones calls about your concern of racing in the 2nd race with 57 Trick Trucks and 39 Unlimited Cars, as well as 6100 Trucks, we understand your concern. We are taking a vote of the Class 1000 racers that are entered; you only get a vote if you are entered. If we move the Class to the 1st race Class 1000 will be first off the line and will be racing 3 laps. A 300-mile race on this particular course is a good long race. You must vote by emailing bitd@bitd.com and the votes must be in by 4 pm on Friday, March 7th; give us your name and race number. We will base our decision by the majority vote. As always, safety is our #1 concern; you will get your money’s worth with 3-laps, it’s a tough course.

9rocky

RDC Crypto
So I wonder if we get a sweatshirt that says we raced the MInt 300 this year?

Attachments

• Mint 400 sweatshirt.JPG
    Mint 400 sweatshirt.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 191

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
On another note.

It's time for this to turn into a 2 day event. Limiteds race on Saturday. Unimiteds race on Sunday. Everybody get to race the whole 400 miles. If King of the Hammers can get a multi day permit, I would hope BITD could pull it off too. This is the grand daddy of US events. Everyone should be able to say they raced THE MINT 400. We only do this once a year. The entry list supports that this needs to happen. Hell, would be awesome to have a bike and quad race on Friday too!

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
RDC Crypto
On another note.

It's time for this to turn into a 2 day event. Limiteds race on Saturday. Unimiteds race on Sunday. Everybody get to race the whole 400 miles. If King of the Hammers can get a multi day permit, I would hope BITD could pull it off too. This is the grand daddy of US events. Everyone should be able to say they raced THE MINT 400. We only do this once a year. The entry list supports that this needs to happen. Hell, would be awesome to have a bike and quad race on Friday too!

If 400 miles was guaranteed and in fact a 2 day race.. Would you be willing to pay 25%-30% more for your entry fee because the cost of the permit would increase..?

B. R C Arrow

RDC Crypto
If 400 miles was guaranteed and in fact a 2 day race.. Would you be willing to pay 25%-30% more for your entry fee because the cost of the permit would increase..?
How is the entry fee amount determined now? I don't have a dog in this fight cause I don't run class 10, but the entry fee set for the mint didn't go up or down based on entries. I don't think permits are based on car count, so where does the extra money go for the record breaking entries? Is it put in a credit for next race permits? These are serious questions, not trying to be a smart azz. I like the two day concept or making it one long lap. I like things old school I guess and watching everyone race together, but obviously that can't be done unless longer track or slow unlimited cars/trucks down.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
RDC Crypto
How is the entry fee amount determined now? I don't have a dog in this fight cause I don't run class 10, but the entry fee set for the mint didn't go up or down based on entries. I don't think permits are based on car count, so where does the extra money go for the record breaking entries? Is it put in a credit for next race permits? These are serious questions, not trying to be a smart azz. I like the two day concept or making it one long lap. I like things old school I guess and watching everyone race together, but obviously that can't be done unless longer track or slow unlimited cars/trucks down.

I don't know how it all works internally.. And to be honest I'd hate to be the person to attend all of those meetings with blm/EPA/aqmd etc .. But it only makes sense, you put more time in the dirt = the price goes up

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
The owner of my truck purposely paid $800 extra to race the pro class and get 3 laps in the morning race rather then sportsman and only getting 2 laps. That extra lap is worth it in his eyes just as an example...

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
RDC Crypto
3 day event would be AWESOME!!!! A bike race YES! Maybe save some cash and not have tech on Freemont street. That alone cost a boat load of $. Is it really that important to everybody? Of course I live here so.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
3 day event would be AWESOME!!!! A bike race YES! Maybe save some cash and not have tech on Freemont street. That alone cost a boat load of $. Is it really that important to everybody? Of course I live here so.

To be honest, the Fremont St. experience is my favorite parts of the Mint 400. The Jean/Primm race course is my least favorite part of the Mint 400. Especially with all the blading that is required these days. If it wasn't for the Fremont experience, it would just be another Jean/Primm race like all the others.

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
I'm in the same boat with tapped, I could care less about all the festivities around the Mint. To be downright honest, all the hoopla and endless mint this and that stuff every year is annoying to me.

Then again, I'm not an offroad socialite so... I don't care about the "scene" and being with the cool people. I'm the one that wants to push the truck thru tech and get out there as quick as possible. I want to just go race. DGAF where it's at or if it's the same course over and over.

My race partner, he's in it for the full experience and I can understand that so I deal with it! LOL