Mint 400 Crash - Race Vehicle 1035

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

RDC Crypto
Yes there was 1 broken seat mount.....I forgot about it because it was on passengers seat not drivers seat. My mistake and apologize. I was not trying to spread misinformation. The drivers seat had no broken seat mounts. Again the upper part of cage shifted 4" to passenger side and driver not wearing his shoulder straps is what caused drivers helmet to hit the ground.....not a broken seat mount.

I'm not trying to call you out, all I want is for people to realize the seriousness of safe seat mounts. But take a look at post #57 again. The first pic and last pic are 2 different brackets, 1 bolt is on a black flat plate, the other is on a bent black plate. Both are broken buddy. Again, not trying to say anything bad about you, but 2 out of 4 seat mounts were plainly broke. I'm learning along with others as well.
I'm actually taking a double take on my own seat mounting.

fusionoffroad

RDC Crypto
Website
www.c1lite.com
For the record this is not a Fusion Off-Road car. A few years ago there was a company in San Diego called Fusion design. This may be their car I am not sure. But I am sure that we did not build this car. Also I am not saying builder of this car did a bad job I have never seen it. We mount our seats different then these seats were mounted and do not use sliders. Thank you

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

RDC Crypto
Well this is just a dang mystery car........Kinda like those cop shows when they ask the 4 guys in the car who's dope is this under the seat??? They all just kinda look away. Not mine.....I've never seen it before!

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
So WTF is it and what really happened - why all the mystery. BITD entry list shows JIMCO as a sponsor...
The prep shop that has it says it was a 2007 fusion chassis. Above that I don't know what to say on what type car.

Lots of different things happened that were covered:

Seat bracket failure and bends
Failure to wear shoulder belt
Lack of proper window net
Broken cage tube in driver door area
Bent x frame over the rear shocks

Bottom line it was a very hard hit and the driver ended up with his head outside the caged portion of the car.

Car repair is on going as is team member is healing up with no permanent deficits.

I think we covered all we could.

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions