• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 hotel choices

rocky4by

Hello, I'm looking for suggestions on which hotel to stay at for the Mint 400. I did see the info listed on the BITD site for hotels,but thought we would see what those of you, that have been in the past, might suggest. This is our first desert race and we will be in class 1100, we are driving a Dodge pickup and will be pulling a 20ft. car trailer.
Thanks, Steve.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
I will suggest Buffalo Bills - Next to Main pit - decent rooms, affordable (at least they were the day before the press release) and if this is your first Desert race, you must partake in the tree bar rituals....

nimrod

KOOK!
The Golden Nugget is the official hotel for the pre race activities in Vegas . Primm about an hour west of the Nugget is the race area so Buffalo Bills. A solid compromise would be the South Point. Kinda in the middle and a nice place. I like the nugget as parking for all the lead up events can be a pain and the Nugget is in the middle of all that stuff.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
We have an updated Hotel list with room codes coming out shortly - all mentioned above (and others) will have deals for the Mint 400 :) We are also in the midst of negotiating parking lots for trucks/trailers/semis downtown. We will not have a block at the Plaza this year, so please be mindful you will pay their prevailing rack rate and $100 A DAY for truck/trailer parking. Buffalo Bills is a long haul to get to Downtown where registration, Tech/Contingency and festivities are. You'd be surprised how reasonable it is to stay downtown ;)

crazyeye

We're probably gonna stay at the fiesta. Easy trailer parking and security patrol and it's easier to get to start finish than downtown.

pwerwagn

Oddly...I booked rooms at the nugget a few days ago. The prices the quoted me were like 40$ more a night than the prices posted for Carson tower. I still booked them, and mentioned the mint/mint code like 4 times. Guess I better call and see what's up.

D-rek

I mentioned the code but they charged me full price but I got a call back saying that the code had been applied and would show up at check in

nimrod

KOOK!
I'm a Nugget club member or whatever it's called and I got an email for reduced rates. Normally the mint dates are blocked out for the deal but they weren't. Yippee!

Coast

I booked my rooms on Hotels.com about 6-8 weeks ago for much less then the mint400 code. I also booked at Primm for $65.00. /night on Hotels.com just last week.
I don't think they gave The Mint400 a discount at all.

DK

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
I booked my rooms on Hotels.com about 6-8 weeks ago for much less then the mint400 code. I also booked at Primm for $65.00. /night on Hotels.com just last week.
I don't think they gave The Mint400 a discount at all.

DK
None of the outside booking companies will honor and of the Mint codes. The codes are set up directly through the hotels and that is how they track our event in order to provide us better rates the next year.

Coast

None of the outside booking companies will honor and of the Mint codes. The codes are set up directly through the hotels and that is how they track our event in order to provide us better rates the next year.
Yes. I called direct first For Primm. And called the Nug after you released the code.

DK

Last edited:

mexgamer

I wish I was going, but I would stay at the Golden Nugget given that most of the events are Downtown, and it's the nicest hotel there. Other good options are the Downtown Grand and The D.
Check smartervegas.com as well, they usually have good deals.

BajaFand

The Plaza was not a great place to stay last year. Rooms were run down and too far of a walk to everything. Is the Nugget same price as last year or more now? Seems like more. Considering staying at Southpoint.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

mexgamer

The Plaza was not a great place to stay last year. Rooms were run down and too far of a walk to everything. Is the Nugget same price as last year or more now? Seems like more. Considering staying at Southpoint.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Yeah, there are way better options than the Plaza IMO. I don't know how much the rates were last year but I would say they are more expensive now given that the demand is on the rise. But if you stay at South Point you'll bee far from everything, far from Primm and far from the pre-race festivities!
The Stratosphere could be another option, rates should be cheaper than the Golden Nugget and I've heard it isn't bad, not the nicest, but not bad. Plus, it is fairly close and you could take the Deuce bus (runs 24 hours) Downtown.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
We will also have secure truck/trailer parking available downtown at the old Western Hotel for those who wish to stay downtown :)

pwerwagn

We will also have secure truck/trailer parking available downtown at the old Western Hotel for those who wish to stay downtown :)
Racers only I assume? We are possibly purchasing a motorhome on the way to vegas, already have hotel reservations at the nugget (and were keeping em)...but have to figure out a place to leave our RV if we end up buying it. Any suggestions? Does the GN have accommodations like this? I haven't called them yet.