Mint 400 in December

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Robbys equipment was as good as ever for the mint 400! Like I said better equipment is needed . Larry rossler did finish also a dusted off baja 1000 truck. And a dnf for max running in 3rd. Probably a transmission that has never been apart since the utv national or ever. I would say concentrating on your new utv to the customers has never been so important .

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Ummm I actually do a class 10 update almost every hour of every single race I cover lol. Maybe try watching some of them?

And I’ll always come though for you guys when it matters. When I see one of the classiest moments in race history that I can remember (rob stopping for luke and him pushing rob into the truck) you’re god damn right I’m gonna post it.
Just busting your balls bud.

I do appreciate you reposting stuff when we're in need in Baja.

BeerRUN

RDC Crypto
So the #43 lost a spare tire that hit spectators, that’s a new one glad no one was seriously injured.
The girl that was hit has the whole thing on video and was walking around the start finish last night showing the video. LR goes by and you can see he is missing one spare and then she gets hit

FourLow

RDC Crypto
The girl that was hit has the whole thing on video and was walking around the start finish last night showing the video. LR goes by and you can see he is missing one spare and then she gets hit

*Paging Fish*

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
As a racer this year was great compared to last year with organization and everything else. I never care for announcers they always seem to be lost. Was a great race. I would have liked for fish to be apart of it as he always makes things better but all in all kudos to the Martelli’s (as for past business stuff not my business)

mig29

RDC Crypto
So the #43 lost a spare tire that hit spectators, that’s a new one glad no one was seriously injured.

I believe the LIVE commentators noticed the loose spare tire on a truck (coming thru the infield whoops)..??

"the spare tire WILL come off eventually"
-- Bob Bower, LIVE Mint 400 commentator

Man..sure enough, a spare tire detached (LR's) during a high-speed section (with spectators lined up). Can someone confirm that this was the area for PAID spectators. Then, they were WAY too close to the course!

"Someone is going to get KILLED!"

Someone is going to get KILLED!​

PCI Racing called it quits early after loosing a rear wheel a few miles past pit C. The Car was running great and the Left rear wheel studs broke and sheered off at about 70 MPH two miles past pit C. We stole wheel studs from the other corners and then limped it into main a lap down. We made the tough decision to pack it in and be ready for the Baja 1000. We are trying to Asses why the studs broke because the wheels were torqued a few minutes before we took off at the start. Now on to more important things; WHY SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET KILLED!Spectators and Pit Crews were way to close to the course and it seems like you guys get closer every race! The pits are supposed to be 50 feet back from the course. If my wheel would have flew off 2 miles sooner you or someone you know could be dead right now! These cars are crashing through the whoops for 5 laps and parts can fail let alone driver error. After my race ended we were in the main pit, many cars were coming around the Dog Leg turn down pit row a little out of shape. Car 111 was more than a little out of shape and rolled it right into the pits. At the time it looked like it was going to be an ugly one because he rolled right into the crowd, luckily everyone got out of the way and only some pit equipment, a baby's playpen, and a parked car were damaged. At this point it got heated because the people in the pit were pissed that they almost got nailed and the driver wanted to be flipped over and keep on going. After running over to make sure no one was hurt I started to look at where the car landed, about 20 feet off the course. If we all had been pitted 50 feet back there would not have been an incident. Cars are going through the pits at 100 plus miles per hour after traversing the roughest terrain I have ever seen, we need to use some common sense and back it up away from the race course. What if my wheel had come off going through main pit? I know this is a family sport and it is fun to watch the cars fly through the pits, but I do not want my family out on the track with the way things are going. Do we have to wait for the big one to happen or should we be proactive and have some pit speed limits?

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

I think Mint 400 (Martellis) REALLY "dodged a bullet" (no pun intended), accentuating their "nickel & diming" business-ways. Putting PAID spectators in harm's way

They can get SUED by the injuried parties:
paper-trail -- from their OWN LIVE commentator (Bob Bower, ORMHOF inductee 2021)
Did he inform Mint 400 higher-ups..likely NO

"We appreciate any feedback from our LIVE viewers"
-- Matt Martelli, during LIVE broadcast

[ all lip-service, FAKE ]

for not HEEDING above warnings about "Race Safety"

Especially, given the observation from mid 2000's, from none-other than Scott Steinberger/PCI (son of Weatherman, aka "Weatherboy")

"It's all a Money grab"
-- RDC poster, Re: Martellis

They don't care about Race Safety, just their pocketbooks ("The Almighty Dollar")

The Ghost of 2010 MDR 200 are still with us?

The tragedy of injured/killed spectators TOO CLOSE to the race track at 2010 MDR 200

George Thompson (founder of CRB):
Maybe it's time to debate options to the problem such as drivers taking matters such as course safety out of the hands of promoters, at least partially. In Formula Racing and World Rally Cup the driver's association maintains a safety committee who has to approve every course before any teams will even agree to race on it. I've known Sal for a long time and although I don't agree that he "doesn't give a [I have been warned] about the people racing, pitting or watching", I have seen many situations where he made concessions that were not in the best interests of these groups to satisfy the requirements of those sponsoring the event.

[ Martellis/Mint 400 sacrificing safety for $$ (spectator fees) ]

And Sal is not the only promoter guilty of this sort of thinking.In my opinion, and I have more than a little history with this opinion, Off-Road Racing is doomed to struggle until they form some sort of active Driver's Association and make some attempt to take control of their own destiny. It's easy to point the finger at guy's like Sal & Casey but they represent organizations with their own agendas which will not always be compatible with the racer's/pitter's/spectators agenda. In 1964, while organizing the United Drag Racer's Association, (UDRA) we all discovered that without the racer, the promoter has no show! We pointed that out to Wally Parks who called us communists and threw us out of his office. But after the racers boycotted a couple of NHRA events and put on a few very successful events of their own, it wasn't long before NHRA came to recognize where they fit in the world of drag racing and Wally altered his thinking a bit which resulted in safer racing venues for drag racers while the NHRA and other sanctioning bodies became more successful than ever before.

[ i.e., NHRA came face-to-face with a CRISIS, & did the right thing!! BTW, famed Formula 1 driver Jackie Stewart was also an "instigator" towards F1 track safety, but caught flak for it (by the "get along types") ]

Admittedly there was a level of risk to be taken and some sort of solidarity had to exist between all racers toward a common goal before the racers began to realize their objectives but sooner or later Off-Roaders will need to bite the bullet and organize toward the common good that affects us all and safety issues are a great place to start. What we're seeing here is frustration; frustration with the fact that we all see things on a race to race basis that are not in our best interest and while we are the principal form of support, and the show, for off-road promoters across the country, we have no say on matters directly related to our safety.

Maybe it's time we did?

..........grt

NOT covering the "lesser" classes on Saturday (bugging out after the top finishers in premiere Trophy Truck), fouling up Livecast (Information missing, or sometime wrong)..(banned) Fishgistics coming to the rescue for last lap drama (RobMac & LukeMc), etc. PHONY ("lipstick on a pig") -- Mint 400 beer, oysters served in box-seats, 2-day Contingency ("gay parade"), etc. Then, outright SCREWING people (Stokes, Stephanie Denise, Moto guy who got screwed out of 3rd lap..they're DONE with Mint 400)

Hey..there's a lack of Respect/PROFESSIONALISM that got "outed" at the 2021 Mint 400

Like I mentioned, all these FAILED race-series

1) CORR West..hijacked from Midwest (CORR) by Jim Baldwin

2) Mint 400..hijacked by Martelli ("double cross" of Roger Norman/HDRA)

have INEXPERIENCED owners ("failed leaders") at the helm

This is a general problem in ANY sector -- FAILED LEADERSHIP (who don't respect its clients/customers)
“We’ve arranged a society based on science and technology [ Desert Racing ], in which nobody understands anything about science and technology [ Desert Racing ],” Sagan said. “And this COMBUSTIBLE MIXTURE OF IGNORANCE & POWER

[ Mint 400/"Martelli hijack", CORR West/"Jim Baldwin hijack", SCORE/"Roger Norman hijack" ]

sooner or later, IS GOING TO BLOW UP IN OUR FACES.”

[ *paying* spectators nearly KILLED by flying tires ]

“Science [ Desert Racing ] is more than a body of knowledge,” he continued. “It’s a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility. If we are not able to ask skeptical questions to interrogate those who tell us that something is true, to be skeptical of those in authority [ Mint 400 "Martelli hijack" ], then we’re up for grabs for the next charlatan, political or religious

[ MORE kook promoters coming in, given Offroad Racing has no Governing Body (to keep out the kooks) ]

who comes ambling along
[ Mint 400 Martellis, following Jim Baldwin (CORR hijacking) ]

^^^ Yes, MY sector (which is a freakin JOKE!). Incompetence/CORRUPTION (by PhDs, biggest names -- NASA, Caltech, Harvard, Stanford, etc) like you wouldn't BELIEVE!!

Dr Carl Sagan (pioneering Astronomer, communicating it to the Masses)
George Thompson (creator of CRB "Competition Review Board" for Desert Racing)
Scott Steinberger (PCI, son of legendary Weatherman)
Jackie Stewart (F1 racer)

^^^ they were all "skeptics", who realized there was a problem in their sector, & became activists ("For the Greater Good")
This points out a Safety issue (lack of) in offroad races. People talk about re-fueling rules (pressurized systems, fuelers wearing fire suits, etc), but there needs to be standards for spare-tire attachment. BJ Baldwin uses a "cam" tightening system on his older TT

[ as used in bicycle quick-releases -- wheels, seatpost clamps ]

Some teams use folding tubular arms. Many use the (unreliable) straps..which undoubtedly can loosen up

Did the Martellis even REALIZED the above "accident waiting to happen" (after their LIVE commentator Bob Bower "called it", recent 2021 ORMHOF inductee), & called in LR (#43) for a penalty?

[ Like they do for Indycar races. E.g., you run over a air gun hose..drive thru penalty. It PREVENTS teams from getting "sloppy" ]

The woman who had the smartphone video (showing it to everybody) -- paper trail!

Mint 400 & Martellis have some EXPLAINING to do!

They're about to get SUED by *paying* spectators, whose LIVES were put into JEOPARDY.

You think "ambulance chasing lawyers" won't be all over this, for a quick buck/$$ ??

from RC Soaring email list (RC flying is my other hobby), complaints of an enthusiast starting a business
1. You either run a business or a hobby. A business run as a hobby may
linger a while, but usually ends up going out of business as customers
drift away. I admit that trying to make a living out of this hobby is a
challenge.

Mint 400 (Martellis) is a "business" (pattern of SCREWING contractors, racers, etc) is run like a HOBBY (amateur hour). Now, we're talking SAFETY ISSUE -- spectators nearly de-capitated by "loose tires"

Indycar had TWO "tires into the stands" (N. Carolina & Michigan 500) -- blood all over the place..people killed. They instituted "wheel tethers" as a safety measure.

Matt Scaroni (former TT driver, Jan/2007)
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/24852-MDR-Rating-0

"I am completely disgusted with MDR [ aka "Mismanaged Desert Racing" ] and their way of doing business. With the organization and precision it takes to be a good race promoter, MDR has no business trying to be any type of race promoter. It seems that these people have pissed and burned every bridge in the sport of off-road and they just burnt one more....... ME!!! I have put hours upon hours into this last event and I have never heard a thank you from MDR, all I have heard is patricia constant bitching. (PS Patricia, I will be sending you a letter of my disgust this week, dont get your hopes up). When we cant race in our deserts anymore, you can all thank people like Jim and Patricia for screwing it up. A sidenote, there was a big blm/race promoter meeting a couple weeks ago, no surprise, Jim and Patricia did not show up. Well there is another bridge burned, now the BLM is mad at you.

I think I heard almost every 16 driver stand up and say that this was there last MDR race. "

^^^ I just got a nice note from Kit Stokes, this about summarizes her experience

Stephanie Denise went on Mint 400 LIVE Youtube, to express her Mint 400 dis-satisfaction (got SCREWED just like the Stokes). Will never race Mint 400, racing next weekend at RATR:

Stephanie Denise:
"When the promoters [ Mad Media ] owe us more money that we make in a year Craig..you would be irriated too. So, I'll say whatever I want losers..You too Lisa! Mind your own!"

Blayze session:

"Show Kit Stokes [ 2020 Mint 400 contractor, who did the infield..they also race ]

Stephanie Denise:
"Blaze, we won't ever race this race again bud.. We are racing next weekend RATR [ Rage at the River ]"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-111450.png
    Screenshot_20211204-111450.png
    464.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211204-111548.png
    Screenshot_20211204-111548.png
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Sat mint was sad to watch . if it was not for the top 2 tts battling it out till the end it would of been kinda boring. Class 1 was barely there. Class 10 was very small this race , tt had a few good entries but a few broke right away or in qualifying. Spec was extremely small compared to the class as a whole. The bikes were running a different course not even part of the show. The kids were racing near the old pit and were on there own not even a side show. One good thing they did was qualifying the trucks at the same course and not 30 miles away. Masks were not mandatory at least lol

stonehole

RDC Crypto
I believe the LIVE commentators noticed the loose spare tire on a truck (coming thru the infield whoops)..??

"the spare tire WILL come off eventually"
-- Bob Bower, LIVE Mint 400 commentator

Man..sure enough, a spare tire detached (LR's) during a high-speed section (with spectators lined up). Can someone confirm that this was the area for PAID spectators. Then, they were WAY too close to the course!

"Someone is going to get KILLED!"

I think Mint 400 (Martellis) REALLY "dodged a bullet" (no pun intended), accentuating their "nickel & diming" business-ways. Putting PAID spectators in harm's way

They can get SUED by the injuried parties:

Especially, given the observation from mid 2000's, from none-other than Scott Steinberger/PCI (son of Weatherman, aka "Weatherboy")

"It's all a Money grab"
-- RDC poster, Re: Martellis

They don't care about Race Safety, just their pocketbooks ("The Almighty Dollar")

The Ghost of 2010 MDR 200 are still with us?

The tragedy of injured/killed spectators TOO CLOSE to the race track at 2010 MDR 200

George Thompson (founder of CRB):

[ i.e., NHRA came face-to-face with a CRISIS, & did the right thing!! BTW, famed Formula 1 driver Jackie Stewart was also an "instigator" towards F1 track safety, but caught flak for it (by the "get along types") ]

NOT covering the "lesser" classes on Saturday (bugging out after the top finishers in premiere Trophy Truck), fouling up Livecast (Information missing, or sometime wrong)..(banned) Fishgistics coming to the rescue for last lap drama (RobMac & LukeMc), etc. PHONY ("lipstick on a pig") -- Mint 400 beer, oysters served in box-seats, 2-day Contingency ("gay parade"), etc. Then, outright SCREWING people (Stokes, Stephanie Denise, Moto guy who got screwed out of 3rd lap..they're DONE with Mint 400)

Hey..there's a lack of Respect/PROFESSIONALISM that got "outed" at the 2021 Mint 400

Like I mentioned, all these FAILED race-series

1) CORR West..hijacked from Midwest (CORR) by Jim Baldwin

2) Mint 400..hijacked by Martelli ("double cross" of Roger Norman/HDRA)

have INEXPERIENCED owners ("failed leaders") at the helm

This is a general problem in ANY sector -- FAILED LEADERSHIP (who don't respect its clients/customers)

^^^ Yes, MY sector (which is a freakin JOKE!). Incompetence/CORRUPTION (by PhDs, biggest names -- NASA, Caltech, Harvard, Stanford, etc) like you wouldn't BELIEVE!!

Dr Carl Sagan (pioneering Astronomer, communicating it to the Masses)
George Thompson (creator of CRB "Competition Review Board" for Desert Racing)
Scott Steinberger (PCI, son of legendary Weatherman)
Jackie Stewart (F1 racer)

^^^ they were all "skeptics", who realized there was a problem in their sector, & became activists ("For the Greater Good")
This points out a Safety issue (lack of) in offroad races. People talk about re-fueling rules (pressurized systems, fuelers wearing fire suits, etc), but there needs to be standards for spare-tire attachment. BJ Baldwin uses a "cam" tightening system on his older TT

[ as used in bicycle quick-releases -- wheels, seatpost clamps ]

Some teams use folding tubular arms. Many use the (unreliable) straps..which undoubtedly can loosen up

Did the Martellis even REALIZED the above "accident waiting to happen" (after their LIVE commentator Bob Bower "called it", recent 2021 ORMHOF inductee), & called in LR (#43) for a penalty?

[ Like they do for Indycar races. E.g., you run over a air gun hose..drive thru penalty. It PREVENTS teams from getting "sloppy" ]

The woman who had the smartphone video (showing it to everybody) -- paper trail!

Mint 400 & Martellis have some EXPLAINING to do!

They're about to get SUED by *paying* spectators, whose LIVES were put into JEOPARDY.

You think "ambulance chasing lawyers" won't be all over this, for a quick buck/$$ ??

from RC Soaring email list (RC flying is my other hobby), complaints of an enthusiast starting a business

Mint 400 (Martellis) is a "business" (pattern of SCREWING contractors, racers, etc) is run like a HOBBY (amateur hour). Now, we're talking SAFETY ISSUE -- spectators nearly de-capitated by "loose tires"

Indycar had TWO "tires into the stands" (N. Carolina & Michigan 500) -- blood all over the place..people killed. They instituted "wheel tethers" as a safety measure.

Matt Scaroni (former TT driver, Jan/2007)

^^^ I just got a nice note from Kit Stokes, this about summarizes her experience

Stephanie Denise went on Mint 400 LIVE Youtube, to express her Mint 400 dis-satisfaction (got SCREWED just like the Stokes). Will never race Mint 400, racing next weekend at RATR:

Stephanie Denise:

Blayze session:

Stephanie Denise:
what are you on

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Curt leduc gave us a tug and got stuck. Grateful for him and all the other retrieval guys who helped out there
I wish there was a video crew with Curt. Being stuck sucks but kinda of cool to have Leduc being the guy to pull you out.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Felix, ive got your bumper, I rolled up well after Curt had been there for a while, he had gone quiet and we were looking for what he was doing, I rolled up to the first Class 11, hooked up, pulled them about 50 feet and got buried, then realized my front hubs were unlocked...............................................
after airing down to 10lbs I pulled a half or dozen or more cars up, Curt got the rest, probably 2 dozen cars.