• 3109E920-C1DC-4E1E-B9E0-2EC759A7EC4B.png
    3109E920-C1DC-4E1E-B9E0-2EC759A7EC4B.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • E2280EA5-B8F0-4038-834C-32D766DB814F.png
    E2280EA5-B8F0-4038-834C-32D766DB814F.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Here is a fun video of Todd Leduc passing us while we were stuck in the dust. Watch out the drivers window to see Todd come from the desert. Turn on the sound because Connors reaction is great. LOL

Todd is an animal but he passed super clean. If you are going to get passed might as well be by a Leduc. He got a flat not much later. Haha.

havahockey

Flipper
RDC Crypto
Website
www.highrevphoto.com
The way this race has evolved maybe it’s time to change the format into KOH style. This is something I’ve been thinking for the last couple years the Mint should be doing. Let every category get their time and space on course and reduce incidents. Hell, the Mint is almost a week long event anyway when you consider the parade, so why not? And bring back prerunning to the event. Not only is it good and safer for racers it’s an excellent opportunity for promotion for local and national media and celebrities who may be interested but aren’t able or have the desire to race in a race car.

Racing in that area is hard enough, I think getting the BLM to have races on more then two days is a long stretch. Let alone the man power and cost it would take to have races every day.

havahockey

Flipper
RDC Crypto
Website
www.highrevphoto.com
Here is a fun video of Todd Leduc passing us while we were stuck in the dust. Watch out the drivers window to see Todd come from the desert. Turn on the sound because Connors reaction is great. LOL

Todd is an animal but he passed super clean. If you are going to get passed might as well be by a Leduc. He got a flat not much later. Haha.

View attachment 235638

Todd is probably one of the most underused driver in desert racing. Any big team would be smart to pick him up for a full time ride but his Monster Jam schedule is probably tough with that.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Here is the front camera from when we went over the rear tire of the C1.

the one nice thing about ending the race early is there is less video to watch. Already been sitting here for hours. LOL

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Here is the In car with audio from that Class 1 pass.

Mike

SMS81

RDC Crypto

View attachment 235638
lol! was That an Armada that passed you?

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Here is the front camera from when we went over the rear tire of the C1.

the one nice thing about ending the race early is there is less video to watch. Already been sitting here for hours. LOL

Mike

This was coming out of Gonzo pit right? Truck in front of the boys got in to the 1 car, then you guys caught them shortly after?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
lol! was That an Armada that passed you?

Yes, it was. with one of the best drivers around in it. And he was in kill mode. Back to the thing we always say, Driver is the biggest difference. Put a good driver in anything and they are fast.

but he also got a flat right after that and we didn't the Boys were taking it easy and not taking any risk that early in the race.

Actually Crismans truck and Alan Levinson's truck are pretty fast. I know Alan's is highly modified. I assume Chirsmans is as well.

But ask yourself why was Todd behind us? Hehe

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
This was coming out of Gonzo pit right? Truck in front of the boys got in to the 1 car, then you guys caught them shortly after?

Yes that was right after Gonzo.

The Truck right in front of us was not the truck that hit the C1, it was the truck right in front of them. It was a big stack up as the C1 was pretty slow. I think its a new to them race car and they are getting used to it. I know our first year we were slow and held up faster trucks.

Mike

SMS81

RDC Crypto
Yes, it was. with one of the best drivers around in it. And he was in kill mode. Back to the thing we always say, Driver is the biggest difference. Put a good driver in anything and they are fast.

but he also got a flat right after that and we didn't the Boys were taking it easy and not taking any risk that early in the race.

Actually Crismans truck and Alan Levinson's truck are pretty fast. I know Alan's is highly modified. I assume Chirsmans is as well.

Mike
Todd is one of the best around, he was first on time at one point. Hate that he had axle issues or may of been able to compete for the win. 2nd gen Armada Aerolight chassis, not much different from 1st gen. Its always humbling when you think you are hauling butt and someone blows by! Funny thing is Leduc did it to me about 15yrs ago in a class 8!!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Well first I don’t think Connor thought he was hauling ass. He was going slow in a dust train. And to be fair Todd was off course. Maybe you didn’t see where he came from but it’s pretty easy to catch a line of trucks when you get out of the line.

Either way the Chrisman truck is fast. Not trying to say it’s not. But he also didn’t qualify great. Just used his experience to make good line choices and
Pushed hard. Huge respect for Todd.

We are still in the naive mind set that you should stay on course.

Not trying to say Todd did anything wrong. We for sure need to be more aggressive about creative line choices, especially in a dust train.

I don’t think Alans truck is anything close to the original Armada anymore than my truck is like the origin TL R8.

For the record you started this by pointing out a Armada was passing us. Haha.

I am here to just share some interesting racing moments.

Mike

EasyE

RDC Crypto

Mike
P6 in qualifying with zero seat time is impressive.
He crushed his section for us at last years 1000 also first time in the truck.
He could 100% be winning races if he had the time for a full season.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
EasyE

Yeah I was just giving SMS81 crap back. Haha

Qualifying is a crap shoot for many. Especially with no seat time. He did amazing and way better than we usually do.

Like I said I have mad respect for Todd and the Chrisman truck has always been fast since we have been racing.

Sorry if I seemed like I was putting shade on Todd.

Mike

cwarren

RDC Crypto
First of all huge props to everyone with the the Mint for an amazing race. One of the best and easiest weeks we have ever had going to a race. Tech and Registration were a breeze, everything started very close to on time and was just a ton of fun. Live stream, vendors and food at the start compound is very cool to have at the races.

Again I think we should all be qualifying together and this race proved it more than ever. Humidity, low temps and no wind made for some of the craziest dust I have ever seen. Around the Jean lake bed dust sat 4 feet and below and all you could see was tops of the bushes. It was like something out of a movie. Anyone that thinks the poor little lightweight buggies shouldn't be around trucks, is again out of their mind because we still had to start behind 60 of them. And within 10 minutes it was already mixed together. We had to pass a lot of larger vehicles, had more dust and more traffic than any other class, and were only beat by 2 spec trucks and some TT's . And to the ones we followed all the way through the pits, knowing we were the lead car of a different class and still jackrabbited at the end, you are absolute donkeys. If the lead trucks got a little lap traffic that's bummer but no getting around that. The slower people will be slow in any vehicle.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Cwarren

Again you are the outlier. Not much anyone could do for the fastest in any given group catching the group in front of them. If anything it’s a good equalizer to slow down the fastest in any group. Haha

If you were to get outside your race team and look at it from a distance you would see there are trends and big picture aspects that you are not considering.

We already know that the C10 group as a whole qualifies way better than they race against 6100. So that’s not a good measurement and has already caused worse issues than you having to work around slow trucks.

If you were a race promoter would you rather have slower C10 guys getting passed and slammed by big trucks? Or faster C10 guys having to pick thru slow trucks?

I was talking to someone the other day and it became clear that every time I post people think I am being selfish and only care about our team. That’s why I get attacked so often. People think my opinion is directly connected to our truck, which is not true at all. I have a lot of opinions about racing based on what we have learned that have nothing to do with our team. For instance I didn’t bring up the cheater thing because it mattered to our team. But so many people could not disconnect the two things. Fact was I was thinking of the class, not us.

Same thing goes for starting order. I am trying to come up with ways to make it better overall and safer. Regardless of what that means for us. I try to be as objective as possible, always.

Mike