Mint 400 in December

Rcamp99

Reaction
Depending on how things go a few less every year adds up it is a business and we are customers. The mint is the hype behind it. Parker is a far better race unless you love waiting in line for 9 hrs for tech.
I’ll be the first to admit I want to finish a mint 400 in my lifetime. This year being a true 400 miles for the limited classes. makes that dream seem feasible.

10 shot

Reaction
I’ll be the first to admit I want to finish a mint 400 in my lifetime. This year being a true 400 miles for the limited classes. makes that dream seem feasible.
Hey I get it! I have 2 mint wins its definitely a good race after you go through all the hoops to actually get to the racing part. Before they started at primm it was one of my favorite! The long tech, long bridge zone and super tight pit kinda took the shine off for me. I do think the course will be in good shape for ltd class as it has not been run in almost 2 years now.

Rcamp99

Reaction
Hey I get it! I have 2 mint wins its definitely a good race after you go through all the hoops to actually get to the racing part. Before they started at primm it was one of my favorite! The long tech, long bridge zone and super tight pit kinda took the shine off for me. I do think the course will be in good shape for ltd class as it has not been run in almost 2 years now.
The rumor is the course is vastly different this year also. Guess we’ll see how true that is. With bikes racing same time on their own loop as well as qualifying the unlimited all at the exact same time on Friday, there’s 10 gallons of poop in a 5 gallon bucket i think Is the saying. Hopefully they pull it off even with the drama going on. I think It’s good for the sport and gets the most eyes on true desert racing every year with the the TV show and media. But that’s just my opinion

Rcamp99

Reaction
with you owning a UTV engine shop.
My car has 6000 miles on engine and trans. Think it’s good for the mint 400’without a refresh 🤣?

Jammminjay

Reaction
Hey! So I had an overwhelming amount of feedback and similar stories to ours after my IG post last week. I felt an obligation to explain the backstory so many asked about.… In Jan 2020 our company got hired to help with the 2020 Mint. The race director reached out because of my husband Kit’s background as the builder and operator of the local MX track and being an owner/operator of a local gravel pit. Kit felt obligated to help because of his relationships and ability to preform the work. Plus, they had limited people wiling to help. (shocker)

The “promotors” / race director had a crazy idea for a new infield that consisted of a ton of dirt work, massive jumps, all new pit areas etc. We even moved the concrete trash pile that everyone worked around in the middle for over 20 years - They insisted it got moved so the infield looked good on TV. They wanted containers for a huge start/finish line so we called the company we use for containers. (I’m sure they haven’t been paid either) WERDCO & VT also helped out by transporting equipment, light towers, water stands and staffing extra operators etc. (Those guys haven’t been paid either)

We even coordinated a KOMATSU equipment sponsorship for them that would supply the additional machines they would need for race day but unfortunately, those machines weren’t available till the week of the race. It would have been physically to build the race course in a week. So during the time our equipment was on site we put 78 hours on our D8T dozer, 61 hours on our 980K loader, 27 hours on our water truck and 29 hours on our skip loader. We gave them a discounted hourly rate that barley covered the costs of operation. We even fueled their generators, forklifts, and light towers.

We were the first set of boots in Primm in January 2020 and the last to leave after post race course blading and working with the biologist and BLM thru mid March. We sent our bill and didn’t receive any payment till June 2020 (which was only 30% of what we were owed) Every month it was a new excuse: No money because of Covid, waiting for BFG, waiting for 4WP, waiting for ESPN to pay. Keep in mind, we paid our crews, paid for all they fuel & used our equipment... but got left with the bill and not even a THANK YOU or a phone call. Even after my IG post last week, they didn’t even call my husband - they just blocked me on IG thinking I was going to go away. Well, I’m not that type of person. And I’m also not the type of person to sit back and watch them take MORE money from the small teams, the SXS teams, the bike teams (like they did in 2020 by telling the bikes at the starting line that instead of 3 laps, they only get 2 laps, ruining everyone’s pit strategy )

Long story short - I’ve been quiet long enough and gave them ample time to make it right. Its been 18 months and we are still owed money… sending 5k, 10k here and there doesn’t excuse the fact they are STILL soliciting money from sponsors and entry fees while not paying past debts from the last race. I love this race community and everyone has a right to know who they are dealing with.
- Stephanie Stokes
Has this gone to Small Claims court? Or collections?

MTPyle

Reaction
Doubt small claims would help. This seems like a large claim.

it does sound like MM was trying to pay it off but a little too slow. Hopefully they work it out without getting attorneys involved. I hate it when the only people that win are the attorneys.

Mike

JDDurfey

Reaction
Doubt small claims would help. This seems like a large claim.

it does sound like MM was trying to pay it off but a little too slow. Hopefully they work it out without getting attorneys involved. I hate it when the only people that win are the attorneys.

Mike
"Payment is due when services are rendered" Paying it off wouldn't work for me. If Mad Media can't afford to pay those that build the track or provide items for the event then maybe they are in the wrong business.

ACME

Reaction
Maybe sell the TREMOR for $100K like the guy in classifieds to #paysomebills?

1631044226637.png

J Prich

Reaction
The rumor is the course is vastly different this year also. Guess we’ll see how true that is. With bikes racing same time on their own loop as well as qualifying the unlimited all at the exact same time on Friday, there’s 10 gallons of poop in a 5 gallon bucket i think Is the saying. Hopefully they pull it off even with the drama going on. I think It’s good for the sport and gets the most eyes on true desert racing every year with the the TV show and media. But that’s just my opinion
I wouldn't say "vastly", but with the moto split there is a good say...25-30% maybe of stuff that is "new" for the car/truck course. It's Jean, so pretty much everything has been used one way or another but the car/truck course will definitely have some sections that have not been previously used for the Mint since it's been back in Jean.

MTPyle

Reaction
"Payment is due when services are rendered" Paying it off wouldn't work for me. If Mad Media can't afford to pay those that build the track or provide items for the event then maybe they are in the wrong business.

totally agree. Not trying to defend MM and what they did. Obviously they should have paid immediately after invoiced.

I was just responding to the idea of small claims or collections. And attorneys.

if I was that vendor I would be pissed. I think they did the right thing by saying what happened publicly. It’s something everyone needs to know about how MM does business. Vendor beware.

Mike

JDDurfey

Reaction
totally agree. Not trying to defend MM and what they did. Obviously they should have paid immediately after invoiced.

I was just responding to the idea of small claims or collections. And attorneys.

if I was that vendor I would be pissed. I think they did the right thing by saying what happened publicly. It’s something everyone needs to know about how MM does business. Vendor beware.

Mike
I agree with you. Often times attorneys are the only people that make out in a situation like this. I was on the short end of a situation one time and even though I had a contract I was dealing with Wells Fargo. I was owed 35 grand by a builder they foreclosed on. The rep for Wells Fargo laughed when I asked him to pay me for the work I had completed. I talked to a friend who could have represented me, but he said his fees would have been higher than what I would have collected, if I ever collected at all.

I think the vendor did the right thing by keeping quiet for a while and attempting to deal directly with MM. There may have been some oversight on MM's part. But after a year or more of trying to get paid I don't blame them for going public with the issue.

Rcamp99

Reaction
You give him most of the content at races you are at so you might as well lol
Want to join forces and make a media powerhouse? You can borrow any of my recovery or retrieval equipment or use my services throughout the event also.

A Vance

Reaction
Maybe sell the TREMOR for $100K like the guy in classifieds to #paysomebills?

View attachment 231268
That is his personal truck. I am sure that Mad Media paid him a good salary. That is why there is no money to pay vendors. So if they look at the Mad Media account there is no money in that corporation. They will close the business before they sell their toys or lose their savings accounts. Sad deal.

ACME

Reaction
That is his personal truck. I am sure that Mad Media paid him a good salary. That is why there is no money to pay vendors. So if they look at the Mad Media account there is no money in that corporation. They will close the business before they sell their toys or lose their savings accounts. Sad deal.
Understood. We have an ex biz associate that owes a number of us a significant amount. Biz accounts always drained & owes a ton, he keeps a pittance in his personal account and claims poverty but has a Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley in his stable with an AMG as his DD and his IG has him rolling large and flashing cash at the Palms LV all the time... gotta love Ballers!

With respect to the thread, the sad part is they promote themselves as part of the community they are hurting-impacting. And even worse, is that enough of that same community stuffs their head in the sand or DGAF which will probably allow them to continue the cycle...

Argentino

Reaction
The idea that attorneys are the only ones that win is nonsense. A suit like this pays the counsel fees separate. Those fees could be significant. As well you could hit them with Unjust Enrichment and get punitive damages. Many ways to get a court to award massive punitive relief. Interest is owed as well. Not my case, but if it was there would be a mechanics lien immediately. Then foreclose on their asses and sell their poop. Perfect the lien and don't miss any requirements. File it in district court, since it's not a small claim. Demand they adhere the jurisdiction, as well. It will be very uncomfortable and expensive for them to travel routinely for the hearings.
They can't just close up shop. There are residuals from that event and their assets were paid by income from those events. It could be a very expensive mistake for them.

As well, I'd claim ownership of the course I built as intellectual property and file infringement; Therefor ownership of what was aired on TV, and get a cut of that as well. They wouldn't have enough money to cover the costs.... so up the ladder to ESPN and anyone who benefitted from my IP, etc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert, you should come see me regarding media.