Mint 400 in December

calstyl2

Reaction
Its funny to think everyone knows someones fiscal status based on internet posts or what vehicle they drive. Sometimes I dont get all the Mad Media hate, I dont agree with everything they have done, I think they put on a great event in the past, now on their own Ive seen the growing pains that have come from moving away from BITD support.
Just as BITD is dealing with after all their knowledge left in the last 2 years, no one knows how to water or grade a track now.
No one knows the entire story, there are always 3 sides, we have heard one side with some information missed.
Why the hard on for Mad Media, Ive worked for every major promoter at some point, I can say some are absolute shitshows because of their leadership. Each one does some stuff good, bad or just completely disadvantaged up.
You want disadvantaged up operations, HDRA/SCORE after the SCORE ownership change, at least now they have solid Baja based leadership.

MTPyle

Reaction
In my opinion The Martellis create this. They come off Macho and F everyone attitude, whether they mean to or not.

There seems to be a disconnect between the Martellis and the rest of the MM team and Mint crew. I get the sense that most of the people that work with the Martellis just shake their head in disbelief and carry on to do their job the best they can.

I don’t remember the specifics but last year there were a few things that made me think what is wrong with these Martelli guys, they seem angry.

In this case there seems to be fire where there is smoke. It’s pretty easy to judge someone’s financial position when they don’t pay major vendors for last years work.

Or at least someone could respond. MM, Killian, Matt, or even Jason could make a statement on here about the recent claims of not being paid. But the silence says there is no good clean excuse.

Personally I have had nothing but great experiences with the Mint people that I have dealt with. I only judge Martellis based on what I see on social media and on here. I have not met them.

Mike

James J

Reaction
Sucks it's going to be balls cold instead of warm weather lol, it is what it is hopefully it turns out to be a good event I'd like to attend possibly.
I will take the balls cold any day versus the running the V2R in past years at 116 degrees.... was like a hair dryer pointed in my face... I did race Henderson 250 in Dec before and I screwed up only wore normal track motocross gloves... never make that mistake was so cold could feel the bones in my fingers...