• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 - Inside Trophy Truck #23 ((videos))

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Here is some action from lap 1 of the 2016 Mint 400. Enjoy!

Last edited:

FAT ROB !

Picture 16.png

Good job Dan !
Thats some Bad Ass crazy footage of the tires searching for traction at 127 M.P.H.

CFreeLV

Cool video, thanks for sharing. I could watch hours and hours of raw in car!

JDDurfey

The only thing better to me than this video, would be if you piped in the comms between driver and co-driver.

Awesome videos. I also liked the wheel spin at 127 mph on the lake bed!

Bdub 1020

Mucho respect. You are so blessed to have equipt like that and be able to race at that level. Great stuff Dan.

johnnyweb

Great watch! That back section is always a blast!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

J Prich

Agreed about comms. @DanMcMillin I personally think vids like yours are awesome and would be that much cooler being able to hear what's going on over the intercom. I mean I know what us little guys talk about but hearing you guys talk would be pretty entertaining I'm sure!

redline

haha nobody really wants to hear whats going on in the com! Just mostly talking about spring sun dress fashions, lolipops, and lipstick!

J Prich

haha nobody really wants to hear whats going on in the com! Just mostly talking about spring sun dress fashions, lolipops, and lipstick!
I respectfully disagree sir, that's EXACTLY what I want to hear! If it's just a bunch of boring race jibberish, calling corners, etc then disregard...I don't want to hear it! But hearing Dan talk about lipstick and lollipops while doing 120 across Jean dry lake is everything I've ever wanted in a TT vid!

scotco

Dan - On behalf of all the pit crew personnel out there, I would like to thank you for posting these videos. We are stuck in the pits doing what we love but are unable to see any action. It's not very exciting to see vehicles come through the pits at 25mph. I always look forward to your videos after every race. Thanks again!

y2kbaja

Awesome videos.
I would like radio coms too. If the co-driver is calling turns how is he doing it? hard right, easy left or rally terms, right 3, left 4. My codog and I use rally and he reads off the gps. It's amazing.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
The only thing better to me than this video, would be if you piped in the comms between driver and co-driver.

Awesome videos. I also liked the wheel spin at 127 mph on the lake bed!
We are working on making that happen, as well as hard wiring the GoPro in the truck. Battery life limits what we capture especially recording at 1080p HD. It's been "Go Go Go" with the new truck from the Baja 100 to Parker, and to the Mint. Now that we have some time to breath between races, we are going to make that happen as well as some other cool stuff. I do like that 360fly camera that Josh Daniel ran. I am going to look into that. The wheel spin at 127 mph sure is fun. I find myself using the same tricks I learned in 1600 which is always looking for traction. Lap 2 we hit 129 mph in that same section, but unfortunately I can't prove it.

There isn't a lot of talking going on, just quick comments like "WTF are you doing", "This is a good pace", "Andy wouldn't be this slow", "How in the hell did he...", "F**kin' move over", "FORE!!", "Playing through", and my personal favorite "Let's not do that again."

Last edited:

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Dan - On behalf of all the pit crew personnel out there, I would like to thank you for posting these videos. We are stuck in the pits doing what we love but are unable to see any action. It's not very exciting to see vehicles come through the pits at 25mph. I always look forward to your videos after every race. Thanks again!
You're welcome, and thank you for being there for us, the racers. These races, or any off road race for that matter, don't happen without volunteers and crew members such as yourselves, so thank you.

Awesome videos.
I would like radio coms too. If the co-driver is calling turns how is he doing it? hard right, easy left or rally terms, right 3, left 4. My codog and I use rally and he reads off the gps. It's amazing.
It's usually hard right, hard left, caution left, caution right, straight road, slight left, slight right, hurry up you suck, go faster b***h, you know...things like that.

TRichards

Dan,
What was the issues from Parker with the 2 GPS units reading different MPH and the GO Pro fix for the distortion you had? Looks like you got them all cleared up for the Mint.
Thanks for posting those videos up.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Dan,
What was the issues from Parker with the 2 GPS units reading different MPH and the GO Pro fix for the distortion you had? Looks like you got them all cleared up for the Mint.
Thanks for posting those videos up.
Passenger side GPS was reading Nautical (Knots) miles per hour at Parker, not MPH, and we added a piece of rubber between the hose clamp and tube, which cleared up the waviness.

Pee Wee

We are working on making that happen, as well as hard wiring the GoPro in the truck. Battery life limits what we capture especially recording at 1080p HD. It's been "Go Go Go" with the new truck from the Baja 100 to Parker, and to the Mint. Now that we have some time to breath between races, we are going to make that happen as well as some other cool stuff. I do like that 360fly camera that Josh Daniel ran. I am going to look into that.
As an alternate power source for a Go Pro if wanting to avoid added wiring try a Go Puck.
Runs a camera around 6 hours and is very small, light and easy to mount.
You can also use it for backup power, or quick charge for your phone.

JayQC

Cool video, thanks for sharing. I could watch hours and hours of raw in car!
Me too.

I've watched Andy's "Ensenada to Ojos" videos and I was hooked on those.

I still hope every year that a team puts up an entire unedited event from an incar cam with radio comms.

I would definitely binge watch an entire Baja 1000 or Mint 400 over a couple days.

Sometimes all you see is mud for 20 minutes but that's alright. It's the same for the guys in the truck :)

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Passenger side GPS was reading Nautical (Knots) miles per hour at Parker, not MPH, and we added a piece of rubber between the hose clamp and tube, which cleared up the waviness.
Funny story about Knots. We thought our car was broken or something during testing, was about to take it to Folts for some gearing changes. Fortunately went dyno testing that week and noticed the dyno showed a good 15mph difference than what we tested at. Yup, knots. Knots are stupid.