Mint 400 lap times ?

misterktm

RDC Crypto
Anyone have any link ? I don't see them on BITD or IRC....we did a lot of 'spectating' on lap one while waiting for parts :-( wanted to take a look at lap times to see if we were at least competitive on lap 2...

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Klause, where exactly were these times being tracked from? Like was the 62mi location a check point? If so, which one? 122mi? Was this the finish line at the timing gate or the redbull jump or somewhere else? No questioning numbers at all, just pure curiosity.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
Klaus, where exactly were these times being tracked from? Like was the 62mi location a check point? If so, which one? 122mi? Was this the finish line at the timing gate or the redbull jump or somewhere else? No questioning numbers at all, just pure curiosity.

RM 62, RM 184 and RM 306 are provided by IRC via a waypoint on the course. When the cars reach those WPs it "pings" us the time stamp. This method depends on vehicles having a properly functioning IRC tracking unit installed. For race2 not all vehicles where outfitted with IRC tracking units.

RM 122, RM 244 and Finish are a direct copy from BITD timing computer. We manually copy the scan times into our system. This timing comes form the timing transponder (blue or black device mounted to the a-pillar) that records lap times accurately and reliably.

All of this is subject to typing errors on our part and should be considered unofficial (For example I question the 1500 car at the conclusion of lap1).

For critical results like finish line for leaders within a class and the top10-ish we double and triple verify that our times match BITD times and whenever they don't we investigate and correct things right away.

For the Mint 400 we stopped doing timing after lap1 for the 2nd race because we learned that many cars will get time credits of an unknown value. By the time we could have adjusted our times it would have been well past the race was finished so the idea of a live timing went out the window.

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Cool! Thanks for the info... Was using your guys numbers for some comparisons and was just wondering where exactly they were being picked up at. I was thinking you guys had a scoring team of your own or something and didn't realize you were working off IRC and BITD's info.

Thanks again though! I know a lot of friends and family were stoked to have a bit of extra detail on race day that couldn't be there in person.