• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 Launches New Online Tracking App

The Mint 400 announced today that is has launched a new tracking application with the primary goal of allowing the entire planet to watch “The Great American Off-Road Race” live online and on mobile devices. The Mint 400 has partnered with YB Tracking from the UK, who have built their business tracking global events in yachting, adventure sports, and expeditions.

“Following our recent success tracking car racing events in Europe and Asia, and the recent US-based King of The Hammers, we are thrilled to be involved in the biggest off-road race in the world! The Mint has a huge vehicle count for a single-day event which makes it both challenging and exciting,” stated Nick Farrell, CEO of YB Tracking.

During The Mint 400, tracking points will be transmitted every 2 minutes, with 30-second GPS fixes – giving great track definition for later playback. Live segment split times will be made available to the public, adding excitement for race followers who will be able to see just how many minutes/seconds are between each racer!

No, the racers will not pay for this.

Seeing the value in globalizing off-road racing, Mint 400 sponsors BFGoodrich Tires and Polaris RZR have stepped up to cover the cost of the new tracking system rather than passing the cost onto the racers!

Learn more here --> The Mint 400 Launches New Online Tracking Application to Increase Global Exposure » The Mint 400

Last edited:

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Is IRC still required for the MINT400 as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J Prich

@Kilian does a tracker of some sort get slapped on the vehicles at tech I assume? Really excited about this, from a race day tracking standpoint IRC leaves a lot to be desired so it's great to have an opportunity to find something potentially more reliable for updates for those of us who aren't fortunate enough to be there.

@Kilian does a tracker of some sort get slapped on the vehicles at tech I assume? Really excited about this, from a race day tracking standpoint IRC leaves a lot to be desired so it's great to have an opportunity to find something potentially more reliable for updates for those of us who aren't fortunate enough to be there.
...all 350 vehicles in The Mint will be fitted with their YB units during the Friday contingency/tech day.

mgobaja

Will the system support several hundred viewers at once ? Several thousand ?

Is the transmitted signal cell service based, or satellite based ?

Dave Cole 4454

Will the system support several hundred viewers at once ? Several thousand ?

Is the transmitted signal cell service based, or satellite based ?
We had over 750,000 unique viewers...not views watching KOH. We have been using Yellow Brick for two years in the states and four years in Europe.

Fantastic service.

Iridium based.

423 cars at KOH, 2 tracking failures. We used the remote antennas though.

d

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
...all 330 vehicles in The Mint will be fitted with their YB units during the Friday contingency/tech day.
See what I did there?

mgobaja

We had over 750,000 unique viewers...not views watching KOH. We have been using Yellow Brick for two years in the states and four years in Europe.

Fantastic service.

Iridium based.

d
Sounds very promising, thank you for the information

mebedb1

Downloaded the tracker app on the iphone. loaded the Mint 400 into my races, free!
Thanks to those involved...

IMG_4137.PNG
IMG_4138.PNG
IMG_4139.PNG

Last edited:

Zac Reish

Fantastic service.

Iridium based.

d
Does KOH charge for the unit during the race?

EMS702

Rescue 1
I really wish I got cell service in pit A would love to track teams as the day goes on. As big as this area is you would think by now there would be cell service in this area.

J Prich

I'm really excited about this. We plan on running tracking updates and splits from my living room in London to our pits. Tough to do with IRC but hopefully the new program will allow us to not only follow the action but provide relevant data to our team as well.