Mint 400 Live Stream

klayton

Reaction
What a joke of an event. Parking was a disaster! Get your poop together! what was the point of buying a parking pass? That was a total cluster.

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
What a joke of an event. Parking was a disaster! Get your **** together! what was the point of buying a parking pass? That was a total cluster.

Where were you at ? Sec 2 was very well taken care of. They had plenty of people watching for spaces and plenty of room. When people left the attendants would walk and see where the open spaces were and guide new people In. I even saw them helping people back up and guide where someone had parked to close to others. I wanted to mention what a great experience sec 2 was. Kudos to the attendants at sec 2.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

sb4pro

Reaction
Just asking so don’t shoot, is it possible that Contingency is too big for Fremont Street and should be moved?
I agree for contingency and suggest the speedway . They can have qualifying on the short course , parking would be good , and lots of room for manufacturers row but what about viewing the race itself .

vegasloki

Reaction
I agree for contingency and suggest the speedway . They can have qualifying on the short course , parking would be good , and lots of room for manufacturers row but what about viewing the race itself .

The same reason it's not down in Primm, no one but the racers and a few hardcore fans would show up. There were a lot of locals stopping to check it out. No way they'd go out to the speedway. They have a hard time getting people to the truck and Xfinity races. SMI would charge Mad for using the facility. I'd bet they are getting the use of East Fremont as some sort of deal with LVCVA/Vegas Host. We have a variety of means to subsidize and sponsor events with LVCVA money raised from room tax. That likely wouldn't be as favorable going to the speedway. It's perfect where it is. Two days made it better.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
I thought that the color commentary really made it. Ricky Johnson, Bob Bower, Jim Marsden, and Laurette Nicoll made the race super interesting to follow all day long.

Kyle D

Reaction

I don’t agree at all. Downtown is a great time and if you’ve ever been on Fremont when the mint isn’t in town the same feeling carries over across the street when it is in town. Leave it similar to how it is now with some slight changes to the contingency area and maybe smooth up tech a little bit. I loved it this year! Better than last year..... or the year before.....can’t remember which one was really bad.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I thought that the color commentary really made it. Ricky Johnson, Bob Bower, Jim Marsden, and Laurette Nicoll made the race super interesting to follow all day long.
The race coverage was EPIC, IM not sure it could have been done much better, maybe if ESPN was covering it lol. I hope more future races are covered like this for the guys like me who couldn't make it due to work. Bravo to those involved in making this happen.

J Prich

Reaction
1. Tech should never leave Fremont St as long as there is a Mint 400.

2. From the little bit I watched the streaming coverage looked awesome and hope it continues (except for the part where it was time for a commercial right as we were about to start!)

3. Thanks @Kilian and the Mad Media squad for continuing to seek innovative ways to improve your products.

Capt223

Reaction
What a joke of an event. Parking was a disaster! Get your **** together! what was the point of buying a parking pass? That was a total cluster.
Totally agree. Spectator 4 was absolutely mobbed. I heard a number of comments about people getting there pretty early to avoid the parking pass inspection process. By 9:30 you could only find a spot to view the race along the far end of the fence line in a folding chair. Vehicle spots were long gone by then.
Its cool that this race is so popular and I think there should be more opportunities for fans to spectate. I am well aware of the BLM challenges but it would be great to see something developed for the fans outside of Main pit.

tooltime

Reaction
Totally agree. Spectator 4 was absolutely mobbed. I heard a number of comments about people getting there pretty early to avoid the parking pass inspection process. By 9:30 you could only find a spot to view the race along the far end of the fence line in a folding chair. Vehicle spots were long gone by then.
Its cool that this race is so popular and I think there should be more opportunities for fans to spectate. I am well aware of the BLM challenges but it would be great to see something developed for the fans outside of Main pit.
Ha. What's funny about your statement is that the Parking area wasn't suppose to open until 5am. And it's suppose to be monitored to catch folks doing just that. Oh I heard many people laughing about not paying for parking by getting there before it was due to open. No accountability whatsoever in spec 4. A total carp fest...

y2kbaja

Reaction
Live Stream was fantastic. I made comments during the am race that I know the commentators noticed. Only because they went to commercial while cars were still starting. Sometimes the only air time slower class cars get is the start line. So right before the class I wanted to see, Vintage, were up for staging they went to commercial.

EOR1488

Reaction
Racing was cool and live feed was nice. For everyone doing a live event this complicated together for the first time was awesome. Maybe just a little more checking on each class and a little more focus on the race.

Pretty awesome those guys and girls pulled like 16 plus hour day to do that I’m pretty impressed. Hopefully next year I’ll be racing and not babysitting so I wont care how good live coverage is!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

J Prich

Reaction
Live Stream was fantastic. I made comments during the am race that I know the commentators noticed. Only because they went to commercial while cars were still starting. Sometimes the only air time slower class cars get is the start line. So right before the class I wanted to see, Vintage, were up for staging they went to commercial.
Yeah my family was pretty bummed. Our class (two rows) was just pulling up to the line so they watched for like 40 min to see us start and right when we got to the line they cut to the 10 min BFG commercial. I understand having to pay the bills and all...but all our people logged in specifically to see that start and it didn't pan out so that was kind of a bummer. I'm sure we weren't the only ones. Not sure what the answer is, nature of the beast with these things I suppose.

y2kbaja

Reaction
Yeah my family was pretty bummed. Our class (two rows) was just pulling up to the line so they watched for like 40 min to see us start and right when we got to the line they cut to the 10 min BFG commercial. I understand having to pay the bills and all...but all our people logged in specifically to see that start and it didn't pan out so that was kind of a bummer. I'm sure we weren't the only ones. Not sure what the answer is, nature of the beast with these things I suppose.

Exactly. If the director would have looked up the line and done a quick estimate of how many there were left they could have waited then ran commercial. I really don't mind the commercials to watch a LIVE stream. After all cars leave the line is a perfect time for a commercial and give the announcers a break.