Mint 400 Military Vehicle Class

A_Killz

Reaction
I saw that the Mint 400 released a new military spec class, as an off-road racer and veteran this sounds like it could be interesting. If any one knows of any teams or people thinking of getting involved with this class i'd love to be a part of it.

J Prich

Reaction
I saw that the Mint 400 released a new military spec class, as an off-road racer and veteran this sounds like it could be interesting. If any one knows of any teams or people thinking of getting involved with this class i'd love to be a part of it.
Depending on where you are located I might be able to connect you to some folks. DM me if your interested and I'll see what I can do.

A_Killz

Reaction
Will there be a fire truck class too?

Don't mean to mock you one bit. Just mocking the Mint 400.
😂😂😂😂😂 that’s pretty funny. I do think a “military” spec class would be a rough go and I’m not sure what the angle is they’re going for. But if it ends up just being short lived would still be cool to check out

Tube ride

Reaction
88FF8B19-0DDC-49D9-89A8-0A8245712304.jpeg
This was last year on course racing ! They finished two 100 mile laps and reportedly spent a lot of time helping other racers flip cars over and towing people great distances out.

Last edited:

Kilian

_
Reaction
View attachment 224982This was last year on course racing ! They finished two 100 mile laps and reportedly spent a lot of time helping other racers flip cars over and towing people great distances out.
Correct. Green Berets with the 5th Special Forces Group. They would have kept going if we didn’t pull them off course after the finish line officially closed. Some of the baddest & nicest dudes I’ve ever met. The team specializes in long range desert missions in the Middle East and entered The Mint 400 to recreate real life situations out of their comfort zones to better themselves as a unit and challenge the breaking points of their equipment and unit.

A_Killz

Reaction
Correct. Green Berets with the 5th Special Forces Group. They would have kept going if we didn’t pull them off course after the finish line officially closed. Some of the baddest & nicest dudes I’ve ever met. The team specializes in long range desert missions in the Middle East and entered The Mint 400 to recreate real life situations out of their comfort zones to better themselves as a unit and challenge the breaking points of their equipment and unit.
That’s actually really cool!!!

J Prich

Reaction
That’s actually really cool!!!
So as far as “angles” go...here is one. Multiple active duty SOF units using their participation in the event as a training exercise, while competing against each other, while raising money for military charities. Pretty solid angle in my book.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
As a military veteran myself, 21 years active, 41 years total service, I tried hooking up with the military challenge group to offer our group, Baja Fools, for pit service.
They contacted me a little too late to provide support.
But I did finally meet the retired Admiral who was basically running the show. If you want his contact info. DM me. I'm going to contact him again and see if we can get something to work this year

J Prich

Reaction
Just following up on a small slice of the "why" here....this is a significant part of the reason and it's really exciting to see money being raised for these fantastic causes. I'm partial to Rob and the Warfighter Made crew, but they are all awesome and it's really cool to be be able to use the event to help benefit these groups.