• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 & Outside Las Vegas Foundation Desert Clean Up THIS Sunday

Las Vegas locals! The Mint 400 has partnered with Outside Las Vegas Foundation, dedicated to connect the community to Southern Nevada’s great outdoors through programs in education, volunteerism and outreach. Together we will be hosting The 2017 Polaris RZR Mint 400 presented by BFGoodrich Tires Clean-Up Day on Sunday February 26th, from 10:00am to 2:00pm.

What: 2017 Polaris RZR Mint 400 presented by BFGoodrich Tires Desert Clean-Up Day
Date: Sunday Feb 26th
Time: 10:00am to 2:00pm

We will disperse and clean the surrounding areas, including the “Vision Wheel Shooting Range”, a rough and technical section aptly named because of its daily use as a pistol and rifle target practice range for Las Vegas locals.

The first 100 volunteers onsite will receive a Mint 400 buff/gator and lanyard. We ask volunteers to wear weather appropriate clothing and closed toe shoes as this is an open desert area. Water, snacks, and all equipment necessary will be provided for you. Please come help clean up the land that used for many off-road races throughout the year, not just The Mint 400!

Link to REGISTER --> Outside Las Vegas Group Registration

Last edited:

J Prich

Would love to hear more about conversations with the BLM about what the long term plan is to keep that area clean. Or is there not one? The "quarry" and shooting range headed up Haul Rd are basically a trash dump and no one seems to care about it.

Don't get me wrong, kudos for organizing a clean up but I hope there is a bigger move in play to address the long term issue of open shooting areas being allowed to turn in to trash dumps...in areas we have had to fight tooth and nail for 30 + years to ride some dirt bikes around.

Swamp79

This is a good idea that the MRAN guys did last year in this same area. My wife and I came form AZ to help and had about 50-60 people show up to help. Talk about a lot of trash!! This needs to happen more often and this clean up should be after the race not the week before.

This is a good idea that the MRAN guys did last year in this same area. My wife and I came form AZ to help and had about 50-60 people show up to help. Talk about a lot of trash!! This needs to happen more often and this clean up should be after the race not the week before.
Thank you for your help, sir! Do you have a parking pass for this year? If not, I'll send you two shirts in the mail. PM me your address please.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

ht racing

nice! one year i came through there and i think i hit a big screen tv and a toilet the next lap! shooters are the worst desert trash dumpers out there. just because there is junk there does not give you the right to come out and leave more! nice move good to see these type of things.

J Prich

Thank you for your help, sir! Do you have a parking pass for this year? If not, I'll send you two shirts in the mail. PM me your address please.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Kilian,
After the Mint let's stay in touch and discuss a long term plan...maybe quarterly? Happy to get involved where I can be of use.