• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 @@ PHOTOS @@ from Jean Dry Lake.

bobylax

Didn't get a whole lot of great shots, but here's a few that I got.
DSCN6975.JPG
DSCN7001.JPG
DSCN7027.JPG
DSCN7072.JPG
DSCN7086.JPG
DSCN7110.JPG
DSCN7268.JPG
DSCN7275.JPG
DSCN7321.JPG
DSCN7577.JPG
DSCN7580.JPG
DSCN7636.JPG
DSCN7766.JPG
DSCN7816.JPG
DSCN7843.JPG
DSCN7864.JPG
DSCN7924.JPG
DSCN7936.JPG
DSCN7941.JPG
DSCN7947.JPG
DSCN7995.JPG
DSCN8006.JPG
DSCN8236.JPG
DSCN8250.JPG
DSCN8301.JPG

J Prich

Sorry to hijack your usual post race photo thread Rob....but gotta do it here! After every race, racers come to your threads to see the photos you took while you were out on course. We all race around and course after course and wave and throw some sirens around at the checkpoints, but most of us don't know you and the other course workers. But everyone should know.

Everyone should know that Rob is one of the most passionate and committed off roaders you'll ever meet. Not only does he show up race after race...getting there early, enduring long days in the heat/cold, and packing it up to head home for the next race...but Rob goes the extra mile to snap pics and share with racers because he knows they love to see them. Over the years tons of racers have come on these threads to ask Rob if he got a picture of them. And to be clear, Rob is not a paid photo guy. Rob and his family are actually volunteers who work checkpoints, and share their photos as an extra above and beyond.

A lot of people also don't know that Rob makes tons of sacrifices to do what he does. And he's got some things he's dealing with in his life that might physically, emotionally, and mentally limit others. But not Rob. In spite of his circumstances, Rob is still out there race after race, doing what he loves doing and sharing his weekend with racers here on RDC. So while I appreciate all the pictures Rob is going to post in response to all the car # requests he's going to get here, I'd like to add one more picture that was honestly the highlight of the entire race weekend for me....and that's Rob being recognized for his outstanding commitments and contributions to desert racing in general.

I am sincerely inspired by your passion and commitment @bobylax and I consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity to cross paths with you. Thanks for all you do, see you in the desert buddy!

PS - Kudos to @ndvalium for making sure this happened.

Attachments

bobylax

Sorry to hijack your usual post race photo thread Rob....but gotta do it here! After every race, racers come to your threads to see the photos you took while you were out on course. We all race around and course after course and wave and throw some sirens around at the checkpoints, but most of us don't know you and the other course workers. But everyone should know.

Everyone should know that Rob is one of the most passionate and committed off roaders you'll ever meet. Not only does he show up race after race...getting there early, enduring long days in the heat/cold, and packing it up to head home for the next race...but Rob goes the extra mile to snap pics and share with racers because he knows they love to see them. Over the years tons of racers have come on these threads to ask Rob if he got a picture of them. And to be clear, Rob is not a paid photo guy. Rob and his family are actually volunteers who work checkpoints, and share their photos as an extra above and beyond.

A lot of people also don't know that Rob makes tons of sacrifices to do what he does. And he's got some things he's dealing with in his life that might physically, emotionally, and mentally limit others. But not Rob. In spite of his circumstances, Rob is still out there race after race, doing what he loves doing and sharing his weekend with racers here on RDC. So while I appreciate all the pictures Rob is going to post in response to all the car # requests he's going to get here, I'd like to add one more picture that was honestly the highlight of the entire race weekend for me....and that's Rob being recognized for his outstanding commitments and contributions to desert racing in general.

I am sincerely inspired by your passion and commitment @bobylax and I consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity to cross paths with you. Thanks for all you do, see you in the desert buddy!

PS - Kudos to @ndvalium for making sure this happened.
Thank you Jason!! Like I have mentioned on other social media sites, there are a bunch of extremely dedicated and passionate volunteers out there doing what they love, making it safe and in some cases, helping racers to get to the finish line or back to their crews. I’ve been blessed to have a great team of family and friends that allow me to pick up a camera now and then and post up some shots. It was an amazing honor to be recognized by the Mint, yourself, and the Martellis’ with the award, and want to extend that recognition to the other off-road lovers that do what they do to allow others to do what they love.

MTPyle

Bobby, thanks for what you do. You deserved the recognition from the sport.

I want to find the photog that was at the turn before you hit the jean dry lake bed. We went to pass a truck that was holding us up for 20 miles and in the dust hit a sand wall that launched us vertically. Just saw blue sky for what seemed like forever. after I landed I saw two Media guys there. I hope they got it.

Mike

bobylax

Bobby, thanks for what you do. You deserved the recognition from the sport.

I want to find the photog that was at the turn before you hit the jean dry lake bed. We went to pass a truck that was holding us up for 20 miles and in the dust hit a sand wall that launched us vertically. Just saw blue sky for what seemed like forever. after I landed I saw two Media guys there. I hope they got it.

Mike
Thanks Mike! Looked like you guys had another rough day. At least it looked like you kept all the panels on, and you got some pretty good coverage on the live feed.
DSCN8130.JPG
Love your drive and desire to push on. Keep pushing, you'll get there!!