• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Mint 400 Pictures

bobylax

Does anyone have a list of photographers for Mint 400 limited race? Having a hard time locating pics?
I posted a bunch of shots, on page 3 of this forum. "Mint 400@@PHOTOS" from Jean (not so) Dry Lake"

Crowd Pleaser

I asked this same question in a post awhile back with no luck. For someone that actually buys photos for family and team members it's a bummer.

bobylax

What car are you looking for? I'll see if I have any shots.

Thanks, with all the photographers on the course you would think they would be trying to sell their pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
This topic comes up about every few months of someone asking a list of photographers who shoot offroad. A simple search on the forums will bring up multiple lists. My advice is to find all our social media accounts (ie Facebook, Instagram) and follow us their and after each race contact us, most of us are just too busy after races to post photos on forums getting images out to our clients who hire us before hand and also getting ready for the next event we have to cover.

Crowd Pleaser

The question of "who" shoots off road racing is not the topic. The question is what photographers were at the MINT and what are links to view and buy photos? A simple search on countless forums is not the answer. The answer is after each race or big race a post should/could be made listing the photo crews that shot the event and links to where to view and buy. This applies to those that shoot all cars and want to sell some pics, not just the ones that hit you up at tech for a pre-paid package.

J Prich

The question of "who" shoots off road racing is not the topic. The question is what photographers were at the MINT and what are links to view and buy photos? A simple search on countless forums is not the answer. The answer is after each race or big race a post should/could be made listing the photo crews that shot the event and links to where to view and buy. This applies to those that shoot all cars and want to sell some pics, not just the ones that hit you up at tech for a pre-paid package.
Yeah we should make all the photogs who shoot events we want pictures of post here in RDC so we can all see them. Stopping whatever they're doing to come on internet forums to post their links and photos after every event so we can decide if we want to buy them or not is the least they can do for us...

Crowd Pleaser

Don't be a dick, that's not what I said. Take another read. A simple visit to this site to list the fact that you were at the event and post a link or website. Simple enough?

J Prich

Don't be a dick, that's not what I said. Take another read. A simple visit to this site to list the fact that you were at the event and post a link or website. Simple enough?
If they wanted to do that, don't you think they would have? Do you think the usual suspects don't know about RDC? The same handful of photogs have been doing this for years. I would guess they understand their business model better than you or I do. If they thought it was worth their time and energy, I'm pretty sure they would have already done it. What you're suggesting...simple as it sounds to you, is still implying that the photogs should come here and let us all know who they are and what they've got, for our benefit. If they thought it was beneficial to them and their businesses, they would have already done that.

Crowd Pleaser

How much time and energy does it take to post a link and or a website and say "hey racers, we shot the race, go to here if you want to view and purchase" ? BTW, I apologize for the don't be a dick comment......a bit harsh and not my style.

BitD1084

This is a question that I have heard for some time. Not just for the Mint, but all races. Are most if not all of the shooters registered with the sanctioning body?
Why could they (the sanctioning body) not put a list out of what photographers are at that particular race? It's not like our (the racer) ESPN is on in our brains to automatically know who the photographers are at each event.