Mint 400 poster --POLL--

With all of the options for a nostalgic / commemorative poster, Why a Dragon???

• Total voters

Desert Son

Reaction
1551459565793.png

J Prich

Reaction
In context, the artwork is intended to mimic the illustrations done by Ralph Steadman for Fear and Loathing. I'm personally not a huge fan of the style but I think it's worth noting what the intent was here.

Desert Son

Reaction
The Mint 400 is proud to present a limited edition full color screenprint by Joey Feldman titled “The Mint 400 – Special Breed”. In commemoration of the return of the motorcycles (after a forty-five year hiatus), The Martelli Brothers commissioned Joey to create an new iconic image for the 51st anniversary running of The Great American Off-Road Race™. This limited edition fine art print will be available Friday March 1st @ 9AM PST via the Official Mint 400 web-store. Visit themint400.com for details. Race Fans - Due to the popularity of this artist - This poster is expected to sell out VERY FAST. Adding a poster to your cart does not guarantee your purchase. You must complete the checkout process entirely before your poster is secured. Good luck! #Mint400

Yeah, Good Luck with that.......

Bro_Gill

Reaction
You guys do understand that Fear and Loathing was written by folks who HATED the destruction of the desert by off roaders, right?

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
just a strange feeling I have that 20 years from now, people will be wishing they got one of these.

Our shop walls are a tribute to the off road sports we have been fortunate enough to serve with pictures, plaques and memorabilia hanging. I look forward to adding this one. Just bummed I missed out on the foil one that sold out earlier today.

ffdfrontman

Reaction
just a strange feeling I have that 20 years from now, people will be wishing they got one of these.

Our shop walls are a tribute to the off road sports we have been fortunate enough to serve with pictures, plaques and memorabilia hanging. I look forward to adding this one. Just bummed I missed out on the foil one that sold out earlier today.

Nope. Especially 45$ poster . Right!! And I wipe my rear with Benjamin’s too.

Kilian

_
Reaction
Nope. Especially 45$ poster . Right!! And I wipe my rear with Benjamin’s too.

or maybe you just simply don't understand art or the artist, and that's okay.... It's not your cup of tea? I get it. That's the whole point of art. We commissioned this piece because we like Joey and his style. Same thing with Malefico's Return of the Bikes helmet artwork. There's a distinction between opinion and action. Who else is doing this? Don't like it? Move on... or don't, I really couldn't care less.

ffdfrontman

Reaction
I understand and it’s right up my ally too. It’s not the art I don’t appreciate its the toilet paper it’s printed on for 45 dollars. I can go to hobby lobby and buy a Van Gogh on post paper for 6.99.... Have that “poster” on a limited canvas run and I’d shell out thousands for it , knowing me I’d buy 2. Piss poor marketing and money grab on yalls part. Make 1000$ on posters or make 10000 on canvas . Art / Artist is to be appreciated that we agree on.

green787

Reaction
I didn't like the bullet belt around Pistol, and I just don't like this poster... I have ridden, and raced off road all my life..., but, I don't relate.... If you guys like it .... fine... maybe I'm too old for this silliness.... I don't need to be portrayed as a bad @$$ on a two week meth stint... BTW, the rear fender is anatomically correct.... The front fender looks like a jimson weed flower about to bloom....

Last edited:

Kilian

_
Reaction
I didn't like the bullet belt around Pistol, and I just don't like this poster... I have ridden, and raced off road all my life..., but, I don't relate.... If you guys like it .... fine... maybe I'm too old for this silliness.... I don't need to be portrayed as a bad @$$ on a two week meth stint... BTW, the rear fender is anatomically correct.... The front fender looks like a jimson weed flower about to bloom....

It's Dragon's bike. Dragon bikes have jimson weed flowers for fenders, duh!

Kilian

_
Reaction
I understand and it’s right up my ally too. It’s not the art I don’t appreciate its the toilet paper it’s printed on for 45 dollars. I can go to hobby lobby and buy a Van Gogh on post paper for 6.99.... Have that “poster” on a limited canvas run and I’d shell out thousands for it , knowing me I’d buy 2. Piss poor marketing and money grab on yalls part. Make 1000$ on posters or make 10000 on canvas . Art / Artist is to be appreciated that we agree on.

Right and go to ebay right now, type in "Special Breed Mint 400" and you'll say that that's US re-selling them to make even more money. Get real ...

Why did we do this? Because we've been collecting his art of years and have dozens in my flat file. How much do you think it was to commission the artist? You act like the numbers on the front and are what we are profiting. Again, I couldn't care less.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Right and go to ebay right now, type in "Special Breed Mint 400" and you'll say that that's US re-selling them to make even more money. Get real ...

Why did we do this? Because we've been collecting his art of years and have dozens in my flat file. How much do you think it was to commission the artist? You act like the numbers on the front and are what we are profiting. Again, I couldn't care less.

Question was: "Is it ugly as hell?" Yes, is most opinions. As for the reasons...not a question?

jon coleman

Reaction
i voted to put in My garage, since i dont have one, i can only hope&pray i have a nice , big , clean garage to put All the ugliest posters in

scottm

Reaction
It has taken a week, but I finally figured out what it reminds me of - The zombie german soldiers in Sucker Punch..

SuckerPunch_Steampunk_Soldier_1.jpg

Desert Son

Reaction

So, did we " sell out VERY FAST." ??? Did all -----4----- voters buy a print, and you yourself buy the last 1/5 ??? Hhahahahah .
Swing and a miss.

yamaducci

Reaction
Looks like the work from the artist that does Flying Dog Brewery labels. Not much of a fan...