mint 400 race course map?

jimpat

Reaction
is it out yet? Can not find it anywhere

bobylax

Reaction
is it out yet? Can not find it anywhere
BITD doesn't publish the course map until one week before the race. Does anyone know if the course will be run backwards like last year?

crazyeye

Reaction
BITD doesn't publish the course map until one week before the race. Does anyone know if the course will be run backwards like last year?
probably not seeing as the wall behind buffalo bills got taken out.

bobylax

Reaction
How many miles per lap is expected? Thanks
116 miles. And judging by the mileage at the pits and road crossings, the course will run the same direction as last year.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Q? any update on will be reverse direction or same direction, since we have almost full laps on gopros, 2015 & 2016 cant wait to start prerun :)

we're in racing again the #4749

3 more weekends to will be there

Attachments

RojoOjoRacin

Reaction
The danger sheet they put online is a dead give away on the direction atleast from the start

swiftracing5

Reaction
Does anyone know if the area behind Jean will be roped off on Friday? Or any nearby ohv areas if not? I'm meeting someone out there who is interested in our prerunner but they asked to drive it first. Gonna drag it out for them, but just need somewhere to get a little dirty for them.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Kilian

_
Reaction
Does anyone know if the area behind Jean will be roped off on Friday? Or any nearby ohv areas if not? I'm meeting someone out there who is interested in our prerunner but they asked to drive it first. Gonna drag it out for them, but just need somewhere to get a little dirty for them.

Yes - Our land closure begins on Friday at 12:01am.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction

Yes - Our land closure begins on Friday at 12:01am.

Just to clarify also:

While the BLM land closure is the entire area for Friday, the course is off limits completely 7 days prior to the day of the race as per all Best in the Desert events to all competitors, or teams. The BITD staff will be out there everyday getting everything ready and every single year someone goes out and decides to "test" after the course is marked. Please all competitors, dont throw your race away before you take the green flag.

RoachinVegas

Reaction

I'm not sure if anyone answered your question or not, but if the area is closed you can stage on the other side of the Jean exit and have your guy go for a test ride. You can actually run from the gas station down to pioneer saloon. That side isn't as good as where all the races are on the east side but you can still get what you need done.

Basically turn left at the Jean exit instead of going right and heading down LV Blvd S.

swiftracing5

Reaction
I'm not sure if anyone answered your question or not, but if the area is closed you can stage on the other side of the Jean exit and have your guy go for a test ride. You can actually run from the gas station down to pioneer saloon. That side isn't as good as where all the races are on the east side but you can still get what you need done.

Basically turn left at the Jean exit instead of going right and heading down LV Blvd S.
That's kinda what we figured, thanks for the info!

TRichards

Reaction
I got my racer package and the map looks like last year. Counter clockwise Pit A at RM 29 and Pit B at RM 72.

dirtslinger

Reaction
Trying to figure out fuel, and I can't tell on the map, does anyone know what the total course length is?