• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 race time/day Changes

pdailey

Racer
Absolutely, personally the earlier the better. I'm not sure who it wouldn't be better for? Racers, spectators and course workers. The appeal of one of the best limited races is now gone since it's combined with the unlimited cars. Starting mid day and running into the night would be even worse.
The only reason I’m hearing of this later start was for the volunteers. Up until yesterday, they were already ready for the 6am Saturday start anyways so not sure what would stop them from doing this.

mebedb1

I agree, the appeal is gone, as is some of the bonus money
We didn't get rooms for Sat. night either, that's another $1500, If we can get them.
5am was ridiculous, it would have been a 1:30 a.m. wake up to get from vegas to the start,
for a 4 a.m. staging... that's just me.
Pre-9 a.m. would be ideal. Still waiting on the teams decision, they may pull the plug.

J Prich

Honestly I don’t troll much now days. I post my opinion which is the same as a lot of racers. Just a lot of people are a little more timid to speak up.
All good. I'm doing the same. If you look back over the years, I've said a lot of the same things about the Mint then too. Has nothing to do with money. Matt and Josh don't need me to fight RDC arguments for them. I just actually enjoy the conversation. Me sharing my opinion based on what I've seen and been involved in is just that...another person sharing their opinion. We're not going to change each other's or anyone else's opinions about much of anything so not sure what makes me sharing my opinion different from you or anyone else doing it, aside from the fact that I've dared to step out of line by trying to add additional perspective to some things.

ErikIrvine

The appeal of one of the best limited races is now gone since it's combined with the unlimited cars.
Dude I feel for you, first off the line and the fastest class in the race, what dreams are made of, and now you are mid-pack, I am bummed for you. I do trust the organizer's decision, and believe it gives me, starting 13th in class 10 a better chance since you will have to be working your way through classes in front of you versus hauling the mail and putting dust free time on the rest of us. I'm glad to be racing against a bunch of competitive guys and nothing feels better then rolling up to the FinishLine and seeing my wife and two kids cheering for us, wouldn't change it for the world.

cwarren

Yeah having the opportunity to race without any traffic ahead was what made this race something special for class 10 even without a great starting position. Huge bummer they went this route for us, also with no time to make changes to the car knowing the conditions we will be facing.

ErikIrvine

Yeah having the opportunity to race without any traffic ahead was what made this race something special for class 10 even without a great starting position. Huge bummer they went this route for us, also with no time to make changes to the car knowing the conditions we will be facing.
one of my favorite races was Parker last year, only thing in front of me was class 10s, didnt see another class for hours, like having Disneyland to you and your friends by yourself

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Class 10’s and Trophy Trucks should not be on the same, short loop. This is going to be bad.
I remember SCORE Laughlin when they ran the TTs with the Class 1 - open wheel and closed wheel not a good combo. Granted, it was a hugely different course. Pat, thoughts about heavy closed wheel vs light open wheel contact?

mebedb1

Looks like both Voss trucks have pulled the plug, Hope all is well!, looking at the updated (2/27) Draw order.
Sara Price has a Geiser TT entered, with Kellon navigating.

J Prich

Yes, they were. This will be the first time in years probably that someone other than Rich Voss will win the open sportsman class.

joshmx88

It seems like only the truck nerds are worried about racing with the slow class 10 cars lol. the class 10 guys just wanted a clean air run!

BajaFand

It seems like only the truck nerds are worried about racing with the slow class 10 cars lol. the class 10 guys just wanted a clean air run!
Which is funny because before Parker all the 10 car guys wanted to run in the same race as all the trucks to show us all how easily they’d get around them all badly they would beat them, now that’s happening and they’re complaining about dust already. In all of my years on this forum one of the most consistent things holds true, you can’t make the class 10 guys happy, ever.

Robin Hood

We didn’t get any rooms for Saturday night as we were all planning on racing at 6am Saturday morning and heading straight home from there. Hope we still finish at a decent time. That is honestly my biggest concern at the moment.
I just talked to Luke McMillin and Bryce Menzies. They would prefer starting earlier as well. Would love to hear from a couple of Class 10 racers @cwarren ?
I can't believe the whining and crying. Seriously, you have the opportunity to race for HONDA, but you are going to telll the world that you have to be home Saturday night 😂 😂 😂. Then name drop, to support your desires? Well, at least your uniforms are professional.

OFFRD-JNKIE

I can't believe the whining and crying. Seriously, you have the opportunity to race for HONDA, but you are going to telll the world that you have to be home Saturday night 😂 😂 😂. Then name drop, to support your desires? Well, at least your uniforms are professional.
You have no idea what else someone has going on in there life that might require them to come home after the race just because he races for Honda doesn't mean life stops outside of that.....