• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 race time/day Changes

fishd00d

What A Joke
People moving or destroying course markers is the lowest form of scum bags. Why would you want to endanger the racers or rescue teams? so dumb.

When I saw that post from Matt I thought it was a little too MMA style testosterone. Maybe the attitude that they are at "War" is part of the problem? Might explain why some people are so critical.

Mike
It’s exactly the problem. You can’t goto war in the Offroad community. It’s too small and it will come back to haunt you. Also I found it interesting Monster was the presenting sponsor and then a couple days before the race the Monster logos were gone from the website and nothing Monster at the Mint. What’s up with that?

bajafox

Accepted
What exactly are they planning to take over?

US racing is about the only form of off road racing they can try to get a piece of the pie from. BITD seems to have that pretty much secured. They have 0 chance in Baja, even BITD tried once...

Rennsport Group

maybe they should be a little more selective on who gets behind the mic next year. I noticed Dave didn’t have Marty Fiolka and Sara Price back on the mic after they kept talking about BFG during the Toyo Tires T1 race last year. Lol
Pat, not sure that was why but Ryan, Sara and I where asked by Dave to do the commentary last year at KOH with little to no restrictions (or the time for production planning) before we spent hours doing it. News is news. Truth is truth. So is telling the authentic story. When I mentioned that four of the top five "Unlimited Trucks" were running on BFGs during the Mint 400 livestream it was true -- I would have said the same thing if Toyo or Yokohama or anybody was running that well.

As you said, it's not an easy job. Especially when you only do it a few times a year.

pdailey

Racer
Pat, not sure that was why but Ryan, Sara and I where asked by Dave to do the commentary last year at KOH with little to no restrictions (or the time for production planning) before we spent hours doing it. News is news. Truth is truth. So is telling the authentic story. When I mentioned that four of the top five "Unlimited Trucks" were running on BFGs during the Mint 400 livestream it was true -- I would have said the same thing if Toyo or Yokohama or anybody was running that well.

As you said, it's not an easy job. Especially when you only do it a few times a year.
It was a BFG love fest. Especially by Sara. And I know Dave wasn’t happy at all about it.

Rennsport Group

That's really unfortunate. Last year the three of us spend our day volunteering at KOH trying to help the sport and Dave as much as possible. If that is true (and I can't speak for Ryan or Sara) apologies are in order. Never want to put a promotor in the middle of corporate issues (although I have mistakingly done so at times), and I should know. At the same time corporate supporters should want to support authentic events -- this is one of the best things about my relationship with Crandon and the Red Bull World Cup. Tough balance sometimes.

pdailey

Racer
That's really unfortunate. Last year the three of us spend our day volunteering at KOH trying to help the sport and Dave as much as possible. If that is true (and I can't speak for Ryan or Sara) apologies are in order. Never want to put a promotor in the middle of corporate issues (although I have mistakingly done so at times), and I should know. At the same time corporate supporters should want to support authentic events -- this is one of the best things about my relationship with Crandon and the Red Bull World Cup. Tough balance sometimes.
I’m not trying to bash you so I apologize for coming off that way. I guess that’s what happens when you put racers with sponsors behind the mic. I remember watching the live stream last year and cringing while you guys were going on and on about it. Like I said, it was mostly Sara. Live and learn for next time. I wouldn’t want that job. Much love Marty. I think you’re awesome.

Last edited:

jon coleman

set up some cams next year and film the course marker haters, after you i d them,hmmm, I'll leave that up to the 'warriors' on what to do .

MTPyle

We think someone put all the rocks on the course to try and sabotage the big trucks. There was no way those rocks were there natural. there was huge sharp rocks in the oddest places. In the truck we said to each other many times that these do not seem right. I would estimate 3 times the rocks on course as last year. How does that happen?

At first I figured it was the Tire or wheel manufactures. LOL just kidding, no way any of them would stoop so low. For next year they need to hire a security surveillance company to find these A$$ hats

Mike