Mint 400 registration !! Interesting

clogking

Reaction
Race registration for The Mint 400 will open to all racers signed up for the 2019 Parker 250 or Parker 425 on Tuesday, December 18th at 10am PST on this page.

General race registration will open Friday, January 4th at 10am PST on this page. If you attempt to register for the Mint 400 and are not registered for Parker, you will be placed on a hold list and not allowed to re-register for the Mint for 72 hours.

Probably should not have posted this!!

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Now the guys who want to go for season points have some advance warning.

Hopefully they don't let you just sign up for one of the Parker races, then register for the Mint, then cancel your Parker entry.
I was thinking same thinking but did not want to spark any ideas.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I was thinking same thinking but did not want to spark any ideas.
Part of the "we are all sold out" issue last year was that it put some points racers in a bad situation. If someone uses this to exploit the loophole to simply secure a Mint entry I hope they get burnt. The Martellis arent dumb. I am betting they will be on top of this.

Right Matt/Josh?

J Prich

Reaction
Part of the "we are all sold out" issue last year was that it put some points racers in a bad situation. If someone uses this to exploit the loophole to simply secure a Mint entry I hope they get burnt. The Martellis arent dumb. I am betting they will be on top of this.

Right Matt/Josh?
Also with split days there may be more room. Probably still a sell out, but maybe room for an even bigger car count still. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...still going to be a lot of grumbling I bet. I think it's cool and I hope the limited guys Saturday afternoon get extended time and the chance for everyone to race the full distance. That was the downside to the morning deal...getting everyone off the course by the time the TT's came. But if you start at noon or 1 for the limited race and can go until 10pm for instance, I think everyone should have a crack at 3 laps.

I am interested to see how the fast unlimiteds respond to a Sunday afternoon race that won't end until Sunday evening. I mean I assume all the TT guys are super rich and don't have to worry about work on Monday anyway but all their crew, etc...that commute home Sunday night will be brutal.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Something I just thought of-

Fish gives a lot of weight to the unlimited trucks that race The Mint.

The KOH invitational is only a few days after Parker.

If you want a good starting position for the KOH invitational the next year you would have to register and race this year’s parker race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J Prich

Reaction

Fish gives a lot of weight to the unlimited trucks that race The Mint.

The KOH invitational is only a few days after Parker.

If you want a good starting position for the KOH invitational the next year you would have to register and race this year’s parker race.

No way around the math. If you're not a multi TT truck team, you'd have to make some hard decisions because doing Parker, KOH, and the Mint within what...30 days...

Hurleygo3

Reaction

Isn't the list just for qualifying position?

MasTacos

Reaction
I hope they have enough volunteers to run checkpoints/road crossings/pits on Sunday. I know that I'll be on the road heading home Sunday AM since I have to work Monday.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The Mint is going to be huge this year entry wise. I think every one who wants to race it will be able to......The Mint is worth the same amount of points as the Baja 500 on the list, the Baja 1000 is still worth more.

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
I think it's also a response to the KOH race. For the guys that planned to skip Parker, race KOH and then the Mint, will have to reconsider a bit. Will at least forfeit the non refundable deposit for Parker.

class5cole

Reaction
Motorcycles will be on a completely separate "single track" course. Might sit out the initial year to check the format out

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Isn't the list just for qualifying position?
Yes. And the Mint isn’t weighted as much as some other races either.
Yea, its just for qualifying BUT qualifying will give a guy a better track position and a better track position will give that same guy a better chance at winning one hundred thousand fuggin' dollars at the KOH race. With that kind of money and prestige on the line I would be gunning for every advantage I could get.

And since this only makes things slightly trickier for the TT's I don't see it as a huge issue. They can partner with someone. Do a start and park and save their prep for the KOH race. There are ways around this.

Hurleygo3

Reaction
I think it's also a response to the KOH race. For the guys that planned to skip Parker, race KOH and then the Mint, will have to reconsider a bit. Will at least forfeit the non refundable deposit for Parker.
That's how I took when I read it.

Kilian

_
Reaction
Now the guys who want to go for season points have some advance warning.

Hopefully they don't let you just sign up for one of the Parker races, then register for the Mint, then cancel your Parker entry.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Right Matt/Josh?
This is why Parker entry must be paid in full by that date.

This has nothing to do with KOH. Understandably, last year we caught serious flack from racers racing for points who couldn't get in the Mint because of our cap.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Yea, its just for qualifying BUT qualifying will give a guy a better track position and a better track position will give that same guy a better chance at winning one hundred thousand fuggin' dollars at the KOH race.
Is there a demonstrated correlation between qualifying earlier and getting a better start position? Seems like the same guys start up front no matter when they qualify.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Is there a demonstrated correlation between qualifying earlier and getting a better start position?
Im not sure what you mean but a less chewed up qualifying course is likely better. I know I have heard a couple guys talk about how guys who ran earlier had an advantage. But I was more talking about racing the Mint so you get invited to KOH.

Seems like the same guys start up front no matter when they qualify.
The KOH race has the Fish Scales and that sorta is "qualifying for qualifying" when you're gonna run with the format Dave has. So yea, it does matter some. The Fish Scales matter

Weird part is Dave is helping promote BITD and SCORE races by using the "Fish Scales". If you wanna race for big dollars with Dave, you have to run races in other series. Making it mandatory to register for (and maybe race) Parker does add some costs and logistics to Trophy Trucks. I get that BITD needs to protect their points racers but maybe there was a way for everyone not to step on each others toes and still protect the points guys. I am sure this will all work out and like Pat said. I doubt they will refuse the top TT teams.