• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 screwed us!

DTPMS

Yep...have 3 years experience at Mint.....you?? Martellis are hiding behind social media rather than talk about whats happened!
Good to confirm that you will literally reach for any possible straw and spew anything out of your mouth possible to try and push your agenda. Credibility=0.

Robin Hood

Are the Martelli's expecting every team to have a registered backup co-driver in the event the co-driver gets sick? What if someone is dealing with dehydration? Either sit in the truck and risk something serious or take a DQ. I bet most racers take option 1. WAFJ.
Ummm...its part of planning and preparation if you want compete for the win.

Fire1998

Good to confirm that you will literally reach for any possible straw and spew anything out of your mouth possible to try and push your agenda. Credibility=0.
Never done what Christian did in 30 years of racing bikes offroad against a fellow competitor online!!!

MTPyle

Its crazy how fast everyone jumps to attack the Martellis, me included. I think Martellis have some damage to their reputation. Instead of going to War with the offload community maybe they should just chill out and try and be open about what they are doing. If all we see is Macho testosterone then thats how we will judge them. It's just how the world works.

Sounds like there was some real violations and they may have done the right thing. there is always more to the story and I am pretty sure Martellis would not want to go after JL and RG unless they really felt like they had no choice.

I have always been frustrated with the lack of penalties for breaking the rules in Offraod. I have seen SCORE, BITD, and SNORE completely ignore blatant violations. So in a way I guess its good the Mint is trying to do it right.

It says in all BITD and SCORE rule books you need front window nets on the side and the front windows. For whatever reason everyone shows up to a race without the proper nets and the Mint enforces it. Somehow its the Mints fault for enforcing known rules? Its just not fair but again I think its the bed the Martellis have made for themselves.

I was actually hoping that we got a penalty for speeding over the bridge. But maybe they figured everyone did it so they let it go. As a family new racer we really try and follow rules. So it sucks when veterans break them. I know of many teams that had non registered racers in their cars at the Mint.

Its tough for the Mint to try and do the right thing when everyone is against them.

Mike

DTPMS

Never done what Christian did in 30 years of racing bikes offroad!
What a noble thing youve done. Kept your mouth shut when you witness someone doing something so blatantly wrong it gets them a DQ and fine. is there prison rules or something that you follow? Dont ask dont tell?

J Prich

come on Prich it’s the inter web did you expect anything bing different
You're right. It's just the nature of the beast I suppose. One great thing about the Mint was that I was reminded that there are a lot of great, down to earth, passionate off road racers that exist outside of RDC. And they're mostly cool, lol. Sometimes I forget to acknowledge the distinction between the internet and people in real life.

Fire1998

You go out of your way to push a false narrative on anything you can if its against the martellis. Yet have to audacity to call someone else out for posting about something they personally saw. You are off your rocker old man.
Yep..typical...forger what the "old men" have done for this sport!!

DTPMS

You're right. It's just the nature of the beast I suppose. One great thing about the Mint was that I was reminded that there are a lot of great, down to earth, passionate off road racers that exist outside of RDC. And they're mostly cool, lol. Sometimes I forget to acknowledge the distinction between the internet and people in real life.
If all the racers were like fire, Bro gill, or curmudgeon the sport would be doomed.

J Prich

Ummm...its part of planning and preparation if you want compete for the win.
And honestly, what organization wouldn't penalize a team for having someone in the vehicle that wasn't registered/banded? If not penalty was given and the teams that filed the complaint(s) in the first place came on here and told everyone about how Robby violated the rules and the Mint did nothing, can you imagine that backlash? LOL.

DTPMS

And honestly, what organization wouldn't penalize a team for having someone in the vehicle that wasn't registered/banded? If not penalty was given and the teams that filed the complaint(s) in the first place came on here and told everyone about how Robby violated the rules and the Mint did nothing, can you imagine that backlash? LOL.
God forbid they crash and he gets hurt without signing a waiver and tries to sue.....

J Prich

Never done what Christian did in 30 years of racing bikes offroad against a fellow competitor online!!!
I genuinely regret trying to have meaningful conversations with you. I would like to think that without being egotistical about it...that I'm a pretty straight up person. I've been genuine, sincere, and made a good faith effort to come on these threads and share information. I realize in hindsight that I was probably naive in thinking that some of that had value. I'm sure you're a good guy or whatever, but at this point I'm 98% of the way to "Ignore" and over the years I've only ever done that with one other person. You've made it clear that you have no intention of having a rational conversation and have no desire to consider facts, etc. For whatever reason the emotional damage you feel you've incurred in the past appears to be something you just can't get past and when you get to a point that you're attacking Christian for trying to provide facts that he witnessed first hand...you've spoken volumes about your own character and judgement. It's a bummer but the writing is on the wall and there's no point trying to have an adult conversation with you any longer.

MTPyle

Wow, you guys are out of control.

You think its OK to have non banded non registered people in race vehicles?

You think Christian is the bad guy for telling his side that he witnessed?

This is not the prison or the wild west. There needs to be rules and people need to be held accountable, period. If they are not then its mayhem.

I for one am glad that the Mint is taking this seriously and doing what they think is the right thing. Its hard to be the bad guy and enforce rules.

Mike

MTPyle

I would think that most people do not share Fire's opinion. JPrich dont take it too seriously. There are a lot of very smart people in this sport and on this forum. Don't let the few jack apples ruin it for you. I need to step away from this thread haha.

Mike

DTPMS

Wow, you guys are out of control.

You think its OK to have non banded non registered people in race vehicles?

You think Christian is the bad guy for telling his side that he witnessed?

This is not the prison or the wild west. There needs to be rules and people need to be held accountable, period. If they are not then its mayhem.

I for one am glad that the Mint is taking this seriously and doing what they think is the right thing. Its hard to be the bad guy and enforce rules.

Mike
Fire is delusional, and sadly there are many more like him on this forum. Its kind of a shame. Would be much much better off if we banned the false narrative spreading, haters, who simply will not listen to reason no matter what you inform them of.

J Prich

I would think that most people do not share Fire's opinion. JPrich dont take it too seriously. There are a lot of very smart people in this sport and on this forum. Don't let the few jack apples ruin it for you. I need to step away from this thread haha.

Mike
Ha ha cheers, it's definitely beer/Jameson's o'clock for me!

fishd00d

What A Joke
It’s not my place to explain what Justin did, however I have been told the story by several witnesses and it does sound like he just lost his cool after being frustrated in the middle of the race. It happens to the best of them. Penalty was most likely deserved and I am sure he wishes he did not do it. I’ve never heard anyone say a single bad thing or word about Justin before so personally I say let him get his penalty and let’s move on. If he wants to explain what happened that’s upto him.

Fire1998

Big difference on me bagging Martellis for a race than turning in a fellow TT racer on here!!!! Sadly in this day and age....thats not realized!! Im out also!! Good luck to all!! Im Traveling to buy a new 4700 truck on Sunday!! Guarantee I wont be badmouthing my fellow competitors on this site!!! See ya in September at BITD!!
Later!!!
PS- Coronavirus will be gone in 2 months! Live your lives and buy travel stock!!!

Last edited:

mebedb1

I know of many teams that had non registered racers in their cars at the Mint.
I'm curious how you know this? is it based on their banding or do you personally know the people?

Reason I ask, I was entered in 10, I went up early to help a TT team, I was on the crew until we signed the 10, anyway,
I went through registration with the TT qualifying group and didn't get properly banded.
I didn't realize it until at qualifying, crews were getting banded with the red waiver.