• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 screwed us!

J Prich

It’s not my place to explain what Justin did, however I have been told the story by several witnesses and it does sound like he just lost his cool after being frustrated in the middle of the race. It happens to the best of them. Penalty was most likely deserved and I am sure he wishes he did not do it. I’ve never heard anyone say a single bad thing or word about Justin before so personally I say let him get his penalty and let’s move on. If he wants to explain what happened that’s upto him.
Bummer. Definitely out of character from what most people would describe but in the heat of the moment, things happen. Regrettable all around. Sucks to see the integrity of the people involved get trashed though.

It would be pretty silly of the Mint to DQ the defending and only 3 time Mint 400 winner that they branded all over their swag (pint glasses, decanter, etc) without good reason.

ltr450rider

This thread has gone to I failed spelling.

I can't wait to see how gnarly this forum is going to get over the next few weeks when everyone is stuck at home on quarantine. Will be some great entertainment reading for sure.

Keep your cool people. Grab a beer or cocktail (or weed if you're into that instead), sit back, and watch this whole thing pass us by like an overhyped and under delivering desert race.

Robin Hood

It seems to me most people don't post on RDC unless they are at work. Might be crickets here in the next week or so.

Klaus

Administrator
or it will be super busy... this week our forum post count was higher than during Dakar-20.

FourLow

Look ma, I made it big time! I did apologize to her after seeing Christian's reply. Sounds like JL might have gotten caught in the heat of the moment typw of deal. i really hope he makes a statement at some point to smooth things out.

I'm curious how you know this? is it based on their banding or do you personally know the people?

Reason I ask, I was entered in 10, I went up early to help a TT team, I was on the crew until we signed the 10, anyway,
I went through registration with the TT qualifying group and didn't get properly banded.
I didn't realize it until at qualifying, crews were getting banded with the red waiver.
We didn't get in until late Thursday night. When we went to Terrible's in Jean for late reg, the gal said she was the only one out of five who was there was supposed to be there, and she didn't have any Driver wristbands for us. So one of our guys video'd her saying she didn't have the wristbands just in case.

jon coleman

yup, that non banded co driver thing is a big no no, lotsa sanctioning bodys would let you stay home for a year, or worse, try doing that crap in an org. like scca & you And your team will be in expulsionville, Im sure JL is gonna give a presser, he is a professional, And human.cut him some slack.....next

Bricoop

yup, that non banded co driver thing is a big no no, lotsa sanctioning bodys would let you stay home for a year, or worse, try doing that crap in an org. like scca & you And your team will be in expulsionville, Im sure JL is gonna give a presser, he is a professional, And human.cut him some slack.....next
The non-banded CoDog makes sense, thx. I assume most teams just run solo in the event of an injury/illness?

jon coleman

i ran solo 90% of the time(couldn't find no one nutzz enough), 10% i did have a co driver i was VERY worried of wadding it and causing an injury, didn't give rats ss about myself, but one time i was questioned on no co rider for Parker, jeepspeedsaid no problem, it was ok, i said its a tool bag holder, not a co dwg seat.

green787

Two rather great off road news sources here in this thread, yet we don't know what JL did.... At some point "news" becomes yellow journalism when "the state" is of supreme importance.....

Zambo

having a tie to downtown gets the support, marketing and backing to make it a “las Vegas” event. Otherwise it is just a Primm race that no one hears about outside the racers racing it. The history of the Mint meant the downtown experience on Fremont. It is one of the key pieces of transforming this race, to an event.
FWIW, lots of people avoid the Mint IMO because it is exactly that: another race in Primm but the with added hassle and cost of downtown Vegas festivities that they don't want or care about.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
FWIW, lots of people avoid the Mint IMO because it is exactly that: another race in Primm but the with added hassle and cost of downtown Vegas festivities that they don't want or care about.
and that is beauty of having choices. People that want to just race have options to do that. People that want to experience a full week of events can do that.

last week 525 people came to an event. Every thing that went wrong is within the ability to fix. It will be evaluated and prioritized and they will make massive changes for the next adventure.

Zambo

and that is beauty of having choices. People that want to just race have options to do that. People that want to experience a full week of events can do that.

last week 525 people came to an event. Every thing that went wrong is within the ability to fix. It will be evaluated and prioritized and they will make massive changes for the next adventure.
Absolutely, vote with your wallet. Don't like an event, don't go. You can offer your opinion about it online or wherever, but beyond that all the complaining is useless.