Mint 400 Start/Finish tickets?

dirtslinger

Am i reading my emails right? The racers team and family will be required to buy tickets to see their cars at the finish line? If so, this is BS, if not, well I guess I don't know how to read my email.

SpyRacing

Am i reading my emails right? The racers team and family will be required to buy tickets to see their cars at the finish line? If so, this is BS, if not, well I guess I don't know how to read my email.
Each team gets 7-8 bands, additional you have to buy, to me ive raced this race 5 times and the finish is always a zoo and can be crazy getting in and out. Also makes teams slim it down to family members, I do feel for people that have large families or support groups.

ACME

Curious: So you really think the top finishing (or baller) Trick Truck or big UTV teams will have to buy additional bands for all their people??? Having been at big race finish lines a bunch and knowing how this works, I'm guessing you can already see how this is going to go...

It was cool when racing was about the racers

If you don't have a "ticket" you don't exist in the event world in Las Vegas. We're not trying to prevent anyone from getting to celebrate with their teams. $10 for two days of spectating with food options, shade, bathrooms, a bar, etc...seems totally reasonable.

Each team got 8 tickets. 500+ teams = 4,000 tickets we're giving away .. As we should..

SpyRacing

Again: It was cool when racing was about the racers...
When you give the racers what they wanted, which is publicity and fans, you get this. Still an awesome event and id rather my friends spend their $10 to watch this instead of $xx it costs to go watch nascar, if thats what you even want to call it anymore. It was $35 to go to KOH, didnt have to pay to watch most the races but an organization like that, trying to better our sport, you should donate $35 to keep it running for next year. $10 is a drop in the bucket for most people already driving 3 hours to watch the races. And it isnt $10 a day, just one time.

ACME

Spy: 1) Do you really believe the "top finishing TT" or Baller teams will pay X per head for their 30 additional peeps that show up at the finish? B) Do you really feel that a limited class/budget racer, racing on their dime and struggling financially to race the Mint, should have to pay additional costs to have a few extra people attend them finishing and or winning their class just so the promoter can offset costs of the circus?

As for your Nascar comparison: I don't think the teams are charged a per head fee for anyone beyond the crew, driver and car owner to be at the finish AND, if you buy a ticket to watch (spectate), it includes seeing the finish celebration. PS My posts had nothing to do with a cost to spectators to watch? It was a response to capping the number and then charging people attending their teams celebration...

I cannot recall a desert race ever capping attendees (team related or not) at the finish of an event. Proximity yes, but not attendance. Lots of firsts with this new "Of Road Culture"

SpyRacing

Spy: 1) Do you really believe the "top finishing TT" or Baller teams will pay X per head for their 30 additional peeps that show up at the finish? B) Do you really feel that a limited class/budget racer, racing on their dime and struggling financially to race the Mint, should have to pay additional costs to have a few extra people attend them finishing and or winning their class just so the promoter can offset costs of the circus?

As for your Nascar comparison: I don't think the teams are charged a per head fee for anyone beyond the crew, driver and car owner to be at the finish AND, if you buy a ticket to watch (spectate), it includes seeing the finish celebration. PS My posts had nothing to do with a cost to spectators to watch? It was a response to capping the number and then charging people attending their teams celebration...

I cannot recall a desert race ever capping attendees (team related or not) at the finish of an event. Proximity yes, but not attendance. Lots of firsts with this new "Of Road Culture"
To be honest I don’t think most of anyones team will be around to watch the finish other than family that most likely stayed at main pit all day. And yes my guess would be even the big time TT teams will be buying bands. And to be honest about the teams on a budget, cmon they are racing the mint 400 while entry fees are the highest anyones seen. Im sure they can afford at most and extra $100 for 10 bands or those people on their team can pay for it if they are on a budget. And your nascar reference is exactly what I meant. THIS ISNT NASCAR. PS they arnt capping who can see the celebration, they are capping the amount of free wrist bands because they had options im sure no free wrist bands everyone pays was one of them. Just be happy that they arnt charging you for the first 8 and be done with it.

Vdrive

Like I said they Sold out our anti-collision device, Are you really surprised they want more of your $$$?