Mint 400 Tech plans for 2018

Fire1998

Reaction
After last years debacle at The Mint 400 tech......are there any plans to speed things up this year? Do we need to plan on sitting around for 8 hours??

Last edited:

Baja Bryan

Reaction
I agree that line was way to long.. I know they want to make an even out of it but 10 hours in line sucked..

Fire1998

Reaction
Ooops........sorry.......didnt see other post about tech at Mint. Will it make much of a difference???? I am lucky as i can leave Wednesday and be there Thursday morning. Im thinking most teams dont arrive till Friday. I hope it works for all those teams that cant arrive till Friday!!!

Mooch2Peril

Reaction
Maybe an option for pre tech earlier in the week to knock out the bulk or timely items such as chassis inspections and racetraxs installs or whatever. Hate to say it but similar to score? That’s improved t&c some there with pretech days before contingency.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Maybe an option for pre tech earlier in the week to knock out the bulk or timely items such as chassis inspections and racetraxs installs or whatever. Hate to say it but similar to score? That’s improved t&c some there with pretech days before contingency.
Chassis inspections at BITD? That’s funny

Kilian

_
Reaction
Last year, teching 375 teams on one day was a monumental task. We will have 400 teams this year and tech ~200 per day. We are still figuring out the best way to split up the classes and will have that information available ASAP. General consensus I feel is limited teams would rather tech Thursday (see other thread). Will everyone be stoked? Probably not. I learned that lesson a long time ago but there are many factors we need to consider. Yes, we realize teams need to book rooms, logistics, etc.. just bare with us!

Currently, we do not have bikes or quads racing. Looking ahead, multiple days of racing (and everything that affects & comes with that) is inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Mooch2Peril

Reaction
Last year, teching 375 teams on one day was a monumental task. We will have 400 teams this year and tech ~200 per day. We are still figuring out the best way to split up the classes and will have that information available ASAP. General consensus I feel is limited teams would rather tech Thursday (see other thread). Will everyone be stoked? Probably not. I learned that lesson a long time ago but there are many factors we need to consider. Yes, we realize teams need to book rooms, logistics, etc.. just bare with us!

Currently, we do not have bikes or quads racing. Looking ahead, multiple days of racing (and everything that affects & comes with that) is inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
We’re all good with the Thursday tech. Actually prefer it. Gives us time to just chill out instead of rush around everywhere then boom staging at 4am.

Kilian

_
Reaction
We’re all good with the Thursday tech. Actually prefer it. Gives us time to just chill out instead of rush around everywhere then boom staging at 4am.
I would think so too but could be argued the other way for obvious reasons. We're taking a look from all angles.

dirtslinger

Reaction
Saturday morning racers on Thursday, Afternoon racers Friday. If you can't make it Thursday and you are a limited racer, Friday tech should still be an option.

I would love to tech Thursday, and then Friday I can just chill and actually enjoy tech on Friday.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Coming from Mexico and planning our weekend for the race, and for us racing clase 11 we liked the idea of tech on Thursday and move Friday to Primm, only one of the codrivers can't make it so we're sure he can get his wrist band on Friday and we're good to go

And yes last year were on tech line before 11am and were one of the last cars to leave tech, even we didn't get any of the stuff they are giving to us racers as courtesy (shirts, booze bottle nothing they lady told us they ran out of all the things asked for our email to be contacted later but nothing) dissaponted all of us but understand they trying to do all they can to make everybody happy

What about drivers meeting also on Thursday for limited classes will be great and less packed we can't heard anything about the meeting, with some people talking.

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
Saturday morning racers on Thursday, Afternoon racers Friday. If you can't make it Thursday and you are a limited racer, Friday tech should still be an option.

I would love to tech Thursday, and then Friday I can just chill and actually enjoy tech on Friday.
Co-signed. I'm actually excited about being able to tech Thursday. If we can get that done, we can actually enjoy some recreating Thursday night AND have a relatively tame Friday for a change. Win-win.

Kilian

_
Reaction
Coming from Mexico and planning our weekend for the race, and for us racing clase 11 we liked the idea of tech on Thursday and move Friday to Primm, only one of the codrivers can't make it so we're sure he can get his wrist band on Friday and we're good to go

And yes last year were on tech line before 11am and were one of the last cars to leave tech, even we didn't get any of the stuff they are giving to us racers as courtesy (shirts, booze bottle nothing they lady told us they ran out of all the things asked for our email to be contacted later but nothing) dissaponted all of us but understand they trying to do all they can to make everybody happy.
I have a bottle, driver hoodies and shirts with your name on it. Email me at kilian@themint400.com and I will personally bring them and give them to your team at the Mint this year.

What about drivers meeting also on Thursday off limited classes will be great and less packed we can't heard anything about the meeting, with some people talking.
Now this is an idea we've never gotten before... Interesting...

Fire1998

Reaction
Killan
I also did not receive any hoodies or other goodies from last year's race. Any chance I can get some???? I was told it would be mailed to me after race but never received them.
Thanks

MasTacos

Reaction
If I volunteer to do tech for both days, do I get two t-shirts? :)