• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mint 400 Time Trials questions

The schedule shows a 9:30 AM start time for the Time Trials on Thursday. Does anyone have a rough guess what time they will be done?

We are driving up from So Cal on the 15, does anyone have directions?

Thanks!

A-Tech_Racing

There is very little information about the time trials. Where is it located? Website only says "APEX / PABCO ROAD" as the location, Google Maps shows a Pabco Rd. in Henderson? Can spectators go to watch? I already have a pass for race day.

Mxrider99

There is very little information about the time trials. Where is it located? Website only says "APEX / PABCO ROAD" as the location, Google Maps shows a Pabco Rd. in Henderson? Can spectators go to watch? I already have a pass for race day.
Time trials isn't really for spectators. Thats why the location is not disclosed and only being told to the teams at registration. If they open it up it will be a zoo with no parking for the race teams and people running all over the place. Its simply not setup for large crowds.

A-Tech_Racing

Yeah, I could see that if it was out in the open desert. Thought maybe they would use the track behind Buffalo Bills, which has a spectator area. One or two short loops starting and finishing in the same area. Thought I saw a past qualifying event where they started two at a time?

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Yeah, I could see that if it was out in the open desert. Thought maybe they would use the track behind Buffalo Bills, which has a spectator area. One or two short loops starting and finishing in the same area. Thought I saw a past qualifying event where they started two at a time?
Sorry couldnt get on a reply sooner - Long day for many of us!

Time Trials for the Mint is open to spectators, it is north of Las Vegas -

Take i-15 to MM 58 and exit freeway. Make a left on SR 604 and go 3 miles north on the road. It will come back along I-15 and you will see the only paved road on the right that has an overpass on the freeway(also is a train crossing). Take that road and it is a couple miles down the road. We have two designated spectator areas for qualifying. The first you get to is on a hill with a water tank at it. View of them hitting a few corners and a G-Out area that has rolled a few trucks over the years. The second area is along the wash in the start / finish area.

Qualifying is being run in two stages - Unlimited at 0930 and 6100's at Noon - Likely done around 2 pm ish

Hope that helps!

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Are the time trials getting streamed anywhere for us east-coasters?
Not likely. This area has very limited cell service. And when we put a thousand people that want to update their Instagram all in the same place the minimal service gets overloaded.

I suggested to some to spectate at the water tank. That spot has a clear view of the valley and could likely grab a different tower for Service. Hopefully a “fish” will bite and get something up for you guys. I have to stage all the trucks so I can’t make it down there.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

AP255

What’s with that truck going wrong way on course! TT running right at it and way too slow getting out of the way

redline

No excuse
Pretty sure everyone would agree that a race car that wrecked and is on fire would be a pretty good excuse. Also all drivers should know that if a rescue truck is coming at them on the course that truck has the right away along with something bad has happened.

AP255

Seriously you have a wreck and race vehicle on fire and send a responder vehicle backwards on the course during an active time trial with trophy trucks? If it’s that bad you stop the time trial. Multiple helos in the area that could have assisted from the air. Think about it

ndvalium

Rescue Director
No excuse
That was me.

The driver of that truck passed a vehicle upside down and on fire with a person trapped inside. He never even slowed for a second.

He has been educated that life safety is the most important thing out here. No qualifying time or race result is above that.

That codriver is now in the burn unit at UMC in Las Vegas.

Further BITD implemented a procedure a year ago that every team must have a person with direct communications standing by. That was to resolve issues like this. Adrenaline took over. And he failed to yield to an emergency vehicle that had full lights and siren.

You can feel free to second guess my decision and my methods but every single member of my team will risk their life and their property to save a racers life.

That was the decision I made.

I stand behind it.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Seriously you have a wreck and race vehicle on fire and send a responder vehicle backwards on the course during an active time trial with trophy trucks? If it’s that bad you stop the time trial. Multiple helos in the area that could have assisted from the air. Think about it
Guess maybe you shoulda been there? Just sayin..

sb4pro

That was me.

The driver of that truck passed a vehicle upside down and on fire with a person trapped inside. He never even slowed for a second.

He has been educated that life safety is the most important thing out here. No qualifying time or race result is above that.

That codriver is now in the burn unit at UMC in Las Vegas.

Further BITD implemented a procedure a year ago that every team must have a person with direct communications standing by. That was to resolve issues like this. Adrenaline took over. And he failed to yield to an emergency vehicle that had full lights and siren.

You can feel free to second guess my decision and my methods but every single member of my team will risk their life and their property to save a racers life.

That was the decision I made.

I stand behind it.

Thank you ND glad you were on the scene

vegasloki

If I were ever to start racing again I'd hope that guys that are on top of it like Dave were on the safety crew.

AZFR8TRAIN

Maybe the waiting list should move up one. For the team that did not slow down for the crash. DQ. . Not the ones that did crash. Too bad for them hope for a fast recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

badassmav

Does anyone know when the qualifying results and adjusted starting order will be posted/available?