mint 400 vintage class rules

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
we use a late truck body on the 69 blazer, will that be ok to run or do we need to put the old body back?
1laughlin jump.jpg
002.JPG

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
what are the rules for the vintage class?
They should be published before we send the deposit as if not able to race we wont get a refund

Advertising supports this site

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Might want to check the vintage racing section, probably somewhere there that's more familiar with the circumstances.

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
Thanks for the info but I looked all over the BITD page and did not find any info on the class. The blazer was built for class 6, but before we even finished it the class was merged with the class 8, making us the underdog.
We changed bodies to the newer style but it still was not a true class 8 truck. I still have the original pink for it, 1968 owned by my then neighbor Parnelli Jones.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Its a great story and a cool ride, hope you're able to get it out. I know most of the "vintage" guys post in that section of the forum so even though there isn't any info on the BITD site I bet someone in the Vintage section will be able to give you the scoop.

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
thanks,
I did not know about the vintage section.
I posted on it and asked about the rules, someone is bound to know (or make some up to his benefit!!!)

Advertising supports this site

scottm

RDC Crypto
Website
www.cemaz.com
Irrelevant trivia: I have Patelli '88 to square body glass from Trailer prod on my truck..

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
whom should I call to make sure of whats going on?
Could not get info from BITD so now we are in limbo!!!!

Anger Issues

RDC Crypto
so... are there rules for this class, and if so, where? I guess I'll leave my 85 4x4 at home and bring the 2wd 95... but kinda bummed there aren't more breakouts like "leaf-spring trucks", etc... We sure the hell can't compete against sportsman open wheel buggies with LS motors. Oh well. Pony up another grand and race Class 8 if I don't like it, I suppose.

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
Its no longer a compete type of race, its just a go out there and have fun.
As there are very few vintage racers they have to be bunched up in one class so it just like a fast exhibition run.
Otherwise they would be many classes with one or two cars in each...same problem that we have in running class 8.