Miramar Airshow

Gonzo 5/1600

Reaction
Anyone going this weekend? I generally go watch my favorite acts, check out the displays and call it a day...

Seems like a few interesting desert toys usually make it into the displays.

usmcgunrock

Reaction
Anyone going this weekend? I generally go watch my favorite acts, check out the displays and call it a day...

Seems like a few interesting desert toys usually make it into the displays.
Are you talking about military desert toys? I saw the Navy towing around some Rhinos with mods on them the other day. I never seem to be able to get anything fun to drive. :mad:

Offspring

Reaction
The Blue Angels just left Redding after two shows this weekend. Great shows as usual. The Air Force does a heritage flight now that is very cool. F16 and an old Air Force prop plane that is beyond cool. They fly formation for a long time. I can't believe how tight they actually held this especially because the old plane is in civilian hands now. Lots of old aircraft at our show and it was really nice.

Gonzo 5/1600

Reaction
Are you talking about military desert toys? I saw the Navy towing around some Rhinos with mods on them the other day. I never seem to be able to get anything fun to drive. :mad:

Yes and no, there's always a Chenowth DPV at the SEALs display, and in the past there have been some short course vehicles and other cool stuff. I Don't think I've seen the Rhinos you mentioned...

California MiniTruck

Reaction
The heritage flight is normally done with a F16 and a P51 Mustang. I have worked on 30 million dollar aircraft (F18's) for many years and there is nothing compared to a P51 when it flys over head. It will literally give you chills down your spine if your a true motohead!

usmcgunrock

Reaction
Yes and no, there's always a Chenowth DPV at the SEALs display, and in the past there have been some short course vehicles and other cool stuff. I Don't think I've seen the Rhinos you mentioned...
The rhinos are a new thing. I am surprised you see the Chenowths anymore since they are not used. They dumped them.

usmcgunrock

Reaction
I'll have to keep my eyes open for those new rhinos, yeah the DPVs are pretty outdated, our 5/1600 has more advanced technology in it haha. But I still think they're awsome!
Well I have only saw them once and it was the Navy. I know the Marine SF units are running around with some 4x4 quads.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I haven't gone to the actual airshow for a few years, I live close enough to the airbase to see the Blue Angels perform and they fly directly over my house when they set up for their maneuvers.

The one thing I miss was watching Bob Hoover fly his yellow P-51 when I went to the show as a kid. That guy is a legend and could do amazing things with an airplane. It's too bad the FAA screwed him over back in the 90's.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hjVxQ1kKVk&feature=related"]YouTube - Bob Hoover[/ame]

Prerunin554

Reaction
its this weekend? i might have to spend a day watching it from my back yard!

Gonzo 5/1600

Reaction
Ugh... Just saw the new NSW side by side that has apparently replaced the Chenowth DPV. What are they thinking!?:confused: I was appaled by this trade off and can't see how they reasoned this into service. :mad: