Misc RDC knowledge help me!

Forty1Racing

Reaction
So.. At Terrible Town we experienced a very unique problem that we believe to not be a incident but a sabotage. :eek: On our 7200 on our second lap we experienced the Steering wheel allens coming off leaving the wheel in my drivers hand. So on the wheel in the center where the it connects the actual stearing wheel to the the piece that connects to the detachable part. Those allens that hold everything backed out.
Now it could be a total thing out of the blue. But we had the same wheel on our race Rhino and In two years of no power steering beating on it, those allens are still like.... red locktite tight. I've seen wheels break off the column personally, in that case the allens were still tight.
So my question is, Has this happened to you? Or should we start to filter out the not so trustworthy people in our pit?

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Anyone? to much reading? haha

bigdaddyg

Reaction
My first stop would with those dummies you had pitting for you at parker that drove on the track!!

Forty1Racing

Reaction
^ They weren't there ha :eek::eek:

D4D

Reaction
I would suspect that it is not sabotage. I am not saying that sabotage does not happen but it us usually done in a way that will sideline the car/truck not in a way that will cause death. That is unless you have some serious enemies then maybe I could see that. And the time it would take to reach in your truck, loosen 6 or 8 bolts and then walk off, not very realistic.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
I would suspect that it is not sabotage. I am not saying that sabotage does not happen but it us usually done in a way that will sideline the car/truck not in a way that will cause death. That is unless you have some serious enemies then maybe I could see that. And the time it would take to reach in your truck, loosen 6 or 8 bolts and then walk off, not very realistic.
Well i'm not saying Another team did it i'm saying someone with in ours is suspect at the moment.

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
I have had them come loose in my 1600 car. They were red loctited in. I have cracked the steering wheel around them in my Class 10. Its just one of those items that needs to be checked before and after every race/Test.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
I have had them come loose in my 1600 car. They were red loctited in. I have cracked the steering wheel around them in my Class 10. Its just one of those items that needs to be checked before and after every race/Test.
Well good to hear it's happened to more than one person.
Thanks

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Well good to hear it's happened to more than one person.
Thanks
Yeah I would hate to think that someone would be capable of sabotaging a race vehicle. Especially somthing that critical. But you never know. Just make sure that you replace the bolts every couple of races. I imagine you wont have this problem again.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Yeah I would hate to think that someone would be capable of sabotaging a race vehicle. Especially somthing that critical. But you never know. Just make sure that you replace the bolts every couple of races. I imagine you wont have this problem again.
Yeah we believe it was someone that had beef with our driver driving the race... but don't know for sure. But Thanks again Ashcraft to helping us out huge at pit 2!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I've had some come loose, but it was really noticeable while driving. I caught it before they backed all the way out.

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Yeah we believe it was someone that had beef with our driver driving the race... but don't know for sure. But Thanks again Ashcraft to helping us out huge at pit 2!
Nice! Im not sure what my guys did for you. They know to help any vehicle that pulls into our pit. Im definetly stoked to here about this.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
If true that sucks!!! I know from experience it's hard to keep everyone on the team happy!! It's a constant balancing act. When it comes to prep ALWAYS double check all work done by others,even if it's just a quick check.And last of all ,nicely disinvite them if your not comfortable with there services. Good luck in the future,and BE SAFE!!!!

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
Nice! Im not sure what my guys did for you. They know to help any vehicle that pulls into our pit. Im definetly stoked to here about this.
I was eating a sandwich and saw them come in to the pit with none of their guys over there, before I could swig my drink and go check on them, your guys had the hood off, the power steering reservoir open and were jacking the front end up to help try and get some air out of the system. They were quick!

Forty1Racing

Reaction
If true that sucks!!! I know from experience it's hard to keep everyone on the team happy!! It's a constant balancing act. When it comes to prep ALWAYS double check all work done by others,even if it's just a quick check.And last of all ,nicely disinvite them if your not comfortable with there services. Good luck in the future,and BE SAFE!!!!
Thanks man thats a good way to go.
yeahh it was awesome, defiantly some good people out there.
For what ever it's worth we'll always be willing to help you guys! haha
I was eating a sandwich and saw them come in to the pit with none of their guys over there, before I could swig my drink and go check on them, your guys had the hood off, the power steering reservoir open and were jacking the front end up to help try and get some air out of the system. They were quick!
Yeah it was like Nascar pit crew status. I really appreciate everyone that helped us out. I just had to pee so bad at the moment I couldn't talk I was in the zone! haha :D

michael_loomis

Reaction
One word.. ok.. two..

Safety wire!

michael_loomis

Reaction
ya, but you cant tell if someone backed them out and broke the loctite seal! :)

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Ah good point my friend.

mawtrophykart

Reaction
Sorry guys, but i'll do anything to win! Me and my dog crept up on your truck while everyone was asleep. We loosened up the steering wheel screws and pissed in your power steering pump. Since you guys still beat me it was all for nothing! I'll have to think of something better for V2R!