Misconceptions by uninformed people

jeff

Reaction
Hey Fish... where's your baseball during a time like this?

Aloha

AGLmx

Reaction
All of you who are getting offended by the post's, need to get a sense of humor. And if you don't like what you read stop reading it, this is a forum of posts to express a persons views and thoughts, So if its funny, sarcastic, or a smartass remark and even serious. Don't get all upset cause u don't agree on there remark or opinion. Maybe you might not like what you read and others might, dosn't mean they have to change their thoughts just cause u get mad. Trust me it wont effect your life.
LOL

ALEX

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It is pathetic what this board has become. Anybody with absolutely no experience or knowledge of the sport of off-road racing can post here and it doesn’t take much reading through the site to find that out. If I was not at all into Off-Road Racing and came to this site I would instantly be struck by the number of idiots who post here and just ramble on about pointless subjects or ideas that make no sense at all. Quite frankly I would not want anything to do with Off-Road if my only exposure was this board

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think this site is great. I think that this is the most mature debating that can be seen on the internet. This site has the most accurate info, and reliable sources around. There are a few newbies everyone once in awhile, but if you don't think this is the most mature site around go look at prerunners.net, then you'll appreciate the sincerity and maturity of this board and it's users. I think the admin can delete posts as they like, they shell out their money for this site, and if they don't like the post, they have a right to delete/edit it. You could use pm's if you want to go further. Everything else i want to say has already been said by other people.

orvacian

Reaction
Yeah, I thought being involved in off-road racing was fun, but now it sounds like it makes you into a bitter, angry elitist. I guess I should stick to prerunning with flatbillers, that is a lot more fun.

ntsqd

Reaction
.....and they didn't even have hats on.

MSS, Bravo!!!

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Look at the mess i caused, just wanted to define what a flatbiller was, no pun intended. You guys gotta take it easy. Dont worry, be happy.....Why dont we go after skaters or surfers now........

the opiniated beaner
el tiburon

91yotaprerunner

Reaction
If im not mistaken isnt this the "whatever" forum. created to talk about anything that really isnt off road related. So whats the problem in talkin about non off road related stuff. So dont bash RDC just cause some people are talkin in a forum that was created for that kind of chit chat. Now if this was the the shop or desert racing forum i could understand. But its in the whatever forum, so dont bash RDC, or ur gonna piss alot of people off.

sweetdevil

Reaction
Why do you think this board is frequented by racers like Steve Sourapas, Scott Steinberger, Alan Pflueger, fabricators like Nestor at Newline, Mike Smith, John Hoffman, shops like Camburg, Donahoe, and other people who contribute so much and are such a big part of the off-road racing world? Because they don't have to read through threads like this.

If you want to go start an internet debate so you can abuse your freedom of speech, then go do it on another board that you frequent. I'm sure if you're petty enough to want to argue and debate about a subject like this, then you are a member of another board that will accept it.

If you want to debate about cantilever setups, dual rate coil overs, where to spectate, what class to race in or what you can do for your beloved sport, then have at it. But don't argue about stupid things that are irrelevant to an off-road racing site. And if you do debate and argue about race related stuff, keep the personal insults out of it. A lot of you (myself included) forget what pm's are for. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this 'whatever' forum should be full of stuff I don't always care to read...

I love this place because of the content. I'm sure many others will agree with me. Don't clutter it with crap. Why I like it here

jeff

Reaction
If you want to talk about "misconceptions by uninformed people" why not talk about the weather people. Let's focus our negative energy on these Meteorologist people instead.

Aloha

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Rhi - I'm a big fan of the "you don't have to read it" saying. I don't think many of the poeple you mentioned are reading this, therefore it won't scare them off our beloved board. I (and many other people I'm sure) have only a limited amout of time to spare for RDC (not as much as I would like) so we have to choose topics which we find interesting, or know something about to read. I often skip threads which I think are pointless crap. It gives me time to learn from the others. I am assuming the "big dogs" do the same, and wouldn't waste their time on this - unless they are like me and are reading this strictly for entertainment value!

Donahoe

Reaction
Wow all this bickering??? i just think Flatbillers look funny. But I'm old and think the Beatles are cool.

CPA- Be nice .... Everyone has an opinion. Relish in that. Enjoy it. Flatbillers are funky. They look silly. Enjoy it. That Goofy hat you wear looks silly too on a woman your age. But if you didnt wear it it wouldnt be you. and that is what is cool about you. As far as defending Tony. I wouldnt bother. He is a big boy. He can handle his own fights. He sure seems to get into enough of them by constently spreading rumors. If Off-road racing had a "National Enquirer" Tony would be the publisher.

Now stand back for a second and realize that this whole sport is a hobbie that is based only in the south west of the USA and is Bearly a cult following. There are more Skim borders at Newport beach then there are off-road racers. There are more Hang gliders then off-road racers. More people have Bowled a 300 game then raced the baja 1000. And the Magazine that you write for has a curculation of a whopping 20,000 which is about the same amount of fan mail that Rusty Wallace gets in a month.So in the big Picture. WHO FRICKIN CARES ABOUT THIS ARGUMENT????? Get to Work. Make a differance. Kiss and make up... Wheres my baseball?

Attachments

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Well said!

Have a great new year!

BugRacer

Reaction
I am also a fan of if you don't like it don't read it! Also if you don't like it don't post. Just move on! Remember this is a to way street, we race and you tell the story about what happened. To say something like " so remember,it isn't nice to piss off the press, and in fact it is stupid." does not leave me with a good feeling about what you wright. Don't judge people on the outside, it's the inside that counts. We were all kids once, help them find there way. <font color="yellow"> </font color>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Anybody want to go riding in Barstow on Friday? FRRRRRRTNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN and col berrr