Model 3 Bender stand

sirhk100

Reaction
Can anyone post a photo of what their stand looks like for their Model 3 non-hydraulic setup bender? Basically I want to see the piece that is actually physically bolted to the bender itself. I'm curious how thick of material you used and how big it is? I was thinking 1/4" plate rectangular 7.25" x 3" would be big enough for the two large mounting bolts and hanging over a verticle 3" square tubing running to a plate lag bolted to the floor. I was also going to have a piece that could bolt onto the stand and slide into a truck reciever. Also going to mount some pegs to hang the dies and parts off....

Khris

BradM

Reaction
No picture but I made mine with a 12x12x1/4 bottom plate, a 4x6x3/16 tube stand, and a 3/4 thick top plate. It was all stuff that I had lying around the shop and is more than adequate.

shower

Reaction
I bought a heavy duty grinder pedestal for about $40. It was able to bolt right up. All I had to do was sink some anchors into the concrete.

motoxscott

Reaction
Khris,

JD actualy sells the piece that bolts to the bender and is welded to the pedestal. I think they even sent me a CAD drawing of their stand with all the measurements and specs. I'll try and round it up for you.

-Scott

sirhk100

Reaction
Oh hell yeah, if you've got a drawing I'd be interested in checkin it out. I'm planning on building the Stand this Friday...

sirhk100

Reaction
That's what I was looking for and exactly what I planned on doing. How thick is it and how wide?

Khris

gary

Reaction
here's one more...what part did you want the info on?...i'll mess with the camera and see if ican get a better shot of anything...

Attachments

gary

Reaction
base is 12 by 12...3/8 thick...3x3 for the post., 36 inches high ..top piece is 3x8, 1/2 inch thick. i live 5 mins from a scrap metal place, so they were all just pieces from there...less than $40 by a hair, total

gary

Reaction
2 more...the bender should've come with the spacer piece, maybe 3x5, with tapered edges? that's the part in between the bender and the stand....

Attachments

sirhk100

Reaction
Yep, I've got that piece sitting here on my desk... I'm going to go shear off some 3/8 downstairs and use it as a template for the hole spacing... I'm glad you told me that cause I was going to use it to "sandwich" the bender on the mounting plate, not as a spacer. I bought the bender used for $100. I put it in a vice last night and bent a tube after looking at it confused for awhile...

gary

Reaction
i think the only thing the spacer does is help clear the pin that drops through the bottom...prolly not necessary, if you trim the pin...might be a spacer for the two bolts, also...not sure how many threads are left w/o the spacer...hope that helped...any other questions? i can tell you how to mess up bends like no one's business...

vader

Reaction
It works great. Harbor Freight $89. Can't beat the price to stop rowing the boat. You just have to add some extra fluid. I get 180* in about three steps.

go to pirate4x4.com and search for bender, you will find a lot more pics.