• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mojave Road Run April 2020

GGRR 4555

Does anybody have interest in running Mojave road on the third weekend of April?

Looking to run with a decently fast group of rigs (no Side x Sides or overlanding). I'll be driving my Ultra-4 Modified class Jeep. Nothing fancy but looking to drive fairly hard for what it is.

Maybe we will all be dead from Corona Virus by then LOL. Let me know if you are interested, or tell me I am dumb for trying to do an off-road trip during the apocalypse!
IMG_6708.JPG

y2kbaja

1) need to make it low key. They have a 5-vehicle max or you'll need a permit
2) street legal only to make the whole run.

GGRR 4555

1) need to make it low key. They have a 5-vehicle max or you'll need a permit
2) street legal only to make the whole run.

Very good to know on both! I have not run it before so hoping a couple people are interested that have done it before. I will keep people updated when we hit the 5 vehicle limit. My jeep has plates so should be good there.

y2kbaja

It's a really fun road and needs to really be overnighted not to miss the cool features. We usually bomb it to Laughlin for a cheap room and buffet then bomb back to Barstow and home that night. In the two or three times we've done it we've taken in different side trips. Still so much to explore.

punchdrunk monkey

I would be interested in doing it. I have a Ford Raptor. PM me the info.

MAC56

We went from Afton to Razor on the 8th of march, the water hazard created by the BLM was not good, long and deeppast halfway, I would not do that again as the lead vehicle. I was first in my Raptor an it want to the top of the hood! The water I pushed downstream made it a little better for the Fj following.

Attachments

Mannysgalaxy

Might want to wait till May. Trust me you dont want to get stuck in the middle of that lakebed. Esp at 5pm on a Sunday. :)

I love that area always down.

GGRR 4555

Yikes! That water is no Joke.

Thank you for the interest Punch Drunk Monkey, but i think I will probably need to delay this trip. The shelter at home guidelines are going to make it especially hard for me to roll down the highway in a jeep clearly not on the way to the grocery store.

I think we will postpone this run until further notice. Wild times.