Mojave Trail - Photos, favorite areas and places to see

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
I've taken the Mojave Trail three times. The first time was with a few people from Total Chaos and the other two times were with a few friends going out to Rage at the River.

I'm sure a lot of you have been out there also. Let's see some photos from your trips and some of the areas you like to check out. I'll start with some of my older photos from my first two trips.

From my 2013 trip with Total Chaos. The lake bed east of Rice Rd. was pretty smooth that year compared to the other times I went.

mojave-trail-off-road-action-01_13.jpg

mojave-trail-off-road-action-01_14.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_15.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_16.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_17.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_18.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_19.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_20.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_21.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_22.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_23.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_24.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_25.jpgmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_26.jpg
mojave-trail-off-road-action-01_29.JPGmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_30.JPGmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_31.JPGmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_32.JPGmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_33.JPGmojave-trail-off-road-action-01_40.JPG

Last edited:

Fifty

Reaction
I want to do a 4 night trip to Mojave trail... but with a couple families since ill have the wife and 2 kids... and a dog.
Hoping for next sprinh

TheWarWagon

Reaction
I want to do a 4 night trip to Mojave trail... but with a couple families since ill have the wife and 2 kids... and a dog.
Hoping for next sprinh

You can do it in early Fall, just get there before the rain starts falling. We ran it Veterans Day weekend one year, and had no issues. It did get a little cold at night, but it wasn't too bad once the sun came up.

dezert_nerd

Reaction
like to see more and some maps or gps files.
Here is a pretty detailed GPS file of the Mojave Trail from PCI. They also have a couple other places as well.

Fourstroker

Reaction
That is a great book. If you are doing a 2-3 trip your co-driver can read along and find some really cool spots for you. I have it as well

mig29

Reaction
check out this book,ive not used it yet,but it as great maps,gps,mileage,and pictures.View attachment 211319View attachment 211320

Piute Creek, as in Paiute Indians? Bonanza had episodes about Paiute Indians.

See Bonanza episode S5E8 (Season 5, Episode 8) "A Journey Remembered", the wagon trains were shot in S. California desert (?). Scenery similar to Mojave Trail. Imagine crossing the desert in freakin' wagon trains !!

Last edited: