• Forum membership has its advantages....

Moment of Silence

mgobaja

I belong to the Cheeser mailing list and today we had a letter forwarded to us asking everybody to have a candlelight vigil at 7 PM on Friday. They are asking that all AMERICAN citizens step outside and light 1 candle per person as a show of respect for those whom have lost their lives, those who have lost loved ones and those who are trying to help in the rescue and relief process. If we could do this in the parking lot at the Primm race that would would be awesome.

sirhk100

Not to be a PITA but what time zone. If this idea originated on the East Coast then 7:00 is 4:00 out here in San Diego and it's still light out. Or am I taking this to seriously?

Jimmy8

I got the same e mail from Tony T, but it said to light it not at 7 pacific but at 4 pacific, which is 7 on the east coast.

Dave_G

RE: If we could do this in the parking lot at the Primm race that would would be awesome.

I think the candle light vigil is a great idea but I'd rather see everyone put together a stuffed dummy of an arab terrorist and set it on fire while hanging from a rope. Maybe CNN would broadcast it to the animals in the home land.

Dave G

vwguy

i think Hella H.I.D. lights would be better than candles

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it

pjc

Chairman
Moment of Silence & Day of Prayer and Remerance

Let's get a bit more accurate..

President Bush has asked for the following. Here are his words.

``I call on every American family and the family of America to observe a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance, honoring the memory of the thousands of victims of these brutal attacks and comforting those who lost loved ones.''

In a proclamation, Bush asked Americans and places of worship to mark the day with noon memorial services, complete with the ringing of bells at that hour, and to hold evening candlelight remembrance vigils.

``I encourage employers to permit their workers time off during the lunch hour to attend the noontime services to pray for our land,'' he said. ``I invite the people of the world who share our grief to join us in these solemn observances.''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll be at PRIMM contingency.

Here is our prayer for the moment. We will have copies to hand out.

Lord God, ruler of heaven and earth, we hear your commandment to love our neighbors and cherish life. But now, the blood of innocents has been shed by men of evil. They hide in the darkness and strike at the weak and defenseless. As King David wrote, though, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for Thou art with me."

Grant wisdom and steadfastness to our leaders; to President Bush and Vice-President Cheney, to Queen Elizabeth II, Prime Minister Blair, President Putin, and our nations' other allies, that they may lead us against the foe.

Grant skill and mercy to the doctors, nurses, firefighters, engineers, and workers, that they may rescue and recover our neighbors who were injured and killed.

Grant comfort and mercy to the casualties and their families. Take the dead into your arms, O Lord, and relieve the suffering of those in hospital and still trapped.

Grant cunning and insight to our police, intelligence agents, and diplomats, that they may discover where evil hides and what its intentions are.

Grant courage and strength to our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines, that they may face the enemy in battle and vanquish them.

O God, bless America.
Amen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will light our HID candles. That is as an excellent suggestion.

PJCinLV