Monarch Lathe parts needed

MNotary

Reaction
The spindle speed control on our lathe needs to be replaced. Anyone know of a source for older lathe parts?

ntsqd

Reaction
Try looking up Monarch themselves. They like to buy back older lathes of their own making and rebuild them so I'd guess they probably have the parts you need. The story goes that they prefer the seasoned beds to the new beds as they tend to be more stable.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

MNotary

Reaction
Monarch does not carry the parts anymore. I was looking for a refurb/used equipment company. Not having any luck on searches.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
"Jim Pratt machinery"

I second that! Good guy also.

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of time"</font color=red>

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Jim Pratt Machine -Phone (619) 270-4005

MNotary

Reaction
thanks
That number is no longer in service. Maybe a area code change?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by MNotary on 07/19/02 05:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Oops, sorry about that!! I'll get the correct number monday morning. It's been a couple of years since we purchased our last mill from him and (knock on wood) haven't had any service calls lately!

MNotary

Reaction
Thanks.

Jim did not have any parts. He sent me to another guy that couldn't help either.

Does anyone know the number for B. V. Chasers in L.A.(?).

It is a Monarch EE, 1944. I need the spindle speed control cable.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by MNotary on 07/22/02 01:23 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.galleryofmachines.com/contact_us.html>http://www.galleryofmachines.com/contact_us.html</A>

Did you try these guys?

MNotary

Reaction
Good one. He retrofits EEs' with DC motors which deletes the cable. He said he would look when he gets a chance. Closest I have got so far.