• Forum membership has its advantages....

Monster Energy and NASCAR...

Just a question coming out of the latest news on Monster Energy becoming the title sponsor for Nascar's Cup Series. How will this impact the teams currently supported by Monster???

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
I'm sure that Monster is big enough now to where it won't affect anyone's sponsorship. Also, aside from investing money in NASCAR, it will undoubtedly make a lot more money for Monster.

Promotion will probably be huge as far as having off road vehicles at events and maybe even demos. Might even introduce off road to some NASCAR fans and vice versa.

JDDurfey

The article I read said that the NASCAR teams that are already sponsored by Monster will continue being sponsored by them. I would assume that it would also apply to off-road teams.

The money they give off-road is a drop in the bucket compared to the $75 million plus they are giving NASCAR.

sb4pro

I'm sure that Monster is big enough now to where it won't affect anyone's sponsorship. Also, aside from investing money in NASCAR, it will undoubtedly make a lot more money for Monster.

Promotion will probably be huge as far as having off road vehicles at events and maybe even demos. Might even introduce off road to some NASCAR fans and vice versa.
Highly doubtful NASCAR gives a rats ass about anything offroad related .

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Highly doubtful NASCAR gives a rats ass about anything offroad related .
Right, NASCAR doesn't, but I'm sure you've seen events where they have a stock car, TT, and dirtbikes all sponsored by Monster.

bajaherbie

Monster is owned by Coca-Cola so they have deep pockets! Also, if a driver currently has an energy drink sponsor they will be grandfathered in and allowed to race. Some debate if the Eric Jones "5 hr energy SHOT" car will be allowed. Jones will be Truex's teammate for the Colorado based furniture row racing team.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

bajaherbie

Monster is owned by Coca-Cola so they have deep pockets! Also, if a driver currently has an energy drink sponsor they will be grandfathered in and allowed to race. Some debate if the Eric Jones "5 hr energy SHOT" car will be allowed. Jones will be Truex's teammate for the Colorado based furniture row racing team.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

the jones deal is still good for next season.

baja619

Monster is owned by Coca-Cola...
That is bigger news than this Nascar partnership!
On a related note I saw that Full Throttle is under the Monster Portfolio and I believe that it was once a Coca-Cola Property.

Does anybody know the ancillary details for how much and for how long? $280-300 mill?

How will this impact the teams currently supported by Monster???

Just to fire up the rumor mill, I heard from an unreliable source that there would be a 20% cut for many of the less than notable athletes.