Monster Garage: Rock Crawler 2

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
Did anybody see the Monster Garage "American Monsters" that just aired? They basically cut up a Ford GT40 and wanted to build a better rock crawler with out a locker....Wonder what happens hehehe

They also showed some dumb kids trying to build a go kart without a differential and they wondered why it wouldn't turn.

Pisses me off they both got their tools!

I don't know which episode I hate more... the all girl derby car or this one.

martininsocal

Reaction
Hey, the teacher doesn't know what hes talking about!!!!! Yeah...F&^%!!! the teacher! Unfortunately, that episode was shot just up the road from me at Banning High School. Great to see the local kids I protect having so much respect for an adult trying to teach them. The GT40 Kit Car thing was wrong from the get go. Air Suspension Swayaways? Then they go and drive the piss out of it to see how many pieces they can turn it into...

FABRICATOR

Reaction
What is the point??? Most of the projects are useless, methods of building below amateur level, and when they don't work or hold together they are hauled away with little or no follow up as to why they did not work.

The low budget (and lusterless) 'Junk Yard Wars' at least has teams competing against each other.

ntsqd

Reaction
I was going to post something about the size of Mr. Ego Jesse Jame's ego, but I won't.
I've boycotted that show from the start. I saw the show that profiled him b4 the start of that series and I thot he was a first class prick then (the only thing first class about him). His former wife showed a lot of good sense in dumping his ass.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The show really dosent have much to do about Jessie...its more about the other people on it and what they are building. Its pretty funny some of the crap they try and do.

I liked the 3" Kusters trying to put like 1000psi in them to hold up the truck lol

BlueCoyote

Reaction
The show was 'entertaining' if nothing else.
Hmmm... a rusty POS Bronco w/ D44 & 9", big motor and Kuster shocks, GT40 body - and they were gonna build a better rock crawler - LOL. Even my son commented "what are the thinking?" Name of the episode should have been Bootie Fab gone Wild.
And the punks building the go kart - nice respect for the teachers - should have stopped the camera and beat the snot out of them. Disagreement is one thing, disrespect is an other. The drag race down the street with the Ghia was nice too.
Just cuz you have tooks and can be on TV doesn't mean you should be on TV. Looks like this show has risen / sunk to the level of TRUCKs.

Ryan B

Reaction
I want to build a cage so that my head sticks out the top, since it sits so low you can see it out the windows, (it'll give me that bad a$$ look) I'm also thinking about welding some washers and nuts onto some big rusty tubing for the trailing arms. They'll hold up out in the desert...right?..........lol

ps. I got a new tool for the shop; an oak break. once their about fifty years old those trees bend sweet angles in sheet metal like it's nothing.

ESB4130

Reaction
i actually liked the show at first, maybe im less critical of people but i thought the idea of seeing lots of fabrication on tv wsa a good idea. they did a few cool things, the conceptual part was pretty cool....but its getting kinda lame now, and the quality of the fab work is definetly sub par. they emphasize alot on showing the general viewing public what they want to see...and well...thats how you get ratings right? i prefere american chopper. PAULY!

billymanfroy

Reaction
We were laughing so hard when they were trying to jack up the GT40 thing with 3" kusters. "These are the wrong kind of schrader valves." HA HA HA!!! We were cringing, actually. What did they have the body attached with? velcro?!? I like how the kid got in it and skyed it out though.

The high school kids were embarrassing also. I'm so glad I wasn't raised in this no-repspect era... Their parents must be so proud of the little punks.