More 3.0L Toyota Problems

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Alright I fixed the noise, the timing belt was loose and thats what was making the noise, it also had jumped out of time. We set the timing how I was told by lining up the bottom pully to 0 and then the 2 crankshafts to their lines.

I changed all the spark plugs and got a new wire set. It starts up fine and idles ok. If you give it gas at idle it sounds fine and sounds normal.

When you go to put it in gear it almost dies when you are letting out the clutch and have to give it a lot of gas, but the clutch pedal feels fine. Clutch has less then 20K on it.

Then when you are driving it sounds ok but the max speed in 2nd is 30MPH. And its got no power!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!!??!?! heh

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

JOSH

Reaction
I THINK YOUR 180 DEGREES OFF ON YOUR TIMING.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Thats what I was thinking but when we did the timing the first time it was off so we went 180 and they were almost ligned up. So we barely moved one.
And wouldnt it idle bad if it was off?

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

JOSH

Reaction
MY BROTHER HAS A 4RUNNER AND HIS TRUCK WOULD IDLE FINE BUT A SOON AS A LOAD WAS PUT ON THE MOTOR (PUT INTO GEAR) IT WOULD GET REALLY ROUGH. AND IT WOULD NOT GO OVER 65 MPH...

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Put some advance in your timing and check your fuel filter?

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics- win or lose, you're still retarded

sirhk100

Reaction
Well think your franostat is outta whack which caused the muffler bearing to rust and sieze. When that happen the motor locked up for a split second and caused one of the piston return springs to pop off. Hopefully that helped out let me know if it works out.... I'm supposed to be putting my damn transmission in right now but the shop is lagging!!!!! They sware I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow morning. I REALLY hope their right cause I REALLY want to take it out next weekend.

Khris

'99YZ400, (for sale, $3900)
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart (sold)

BlueCoyote

Reaction
Two possibilities
!. Sounds like at TPS problem, is it plugged is and is it working correctly? You can check it with a ohm meter.
2. Also check the air boot from the AFM to the throttle body - if it is cracked or leaking the engine will idle well but fall off under any kind of load.

Who are you calling Coyote ugly?

sirhk100

Reaction
Yeah Austin, check that Air boot!!! Oh wait you mean duct tape boot.... Sorry man, just have some fun with your truck.....

lifted golf cart (sold)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Oh yea we fixed it. The timing had come off a little bit because when we did it before we left to much slack on one side I beleve and when it got tight it threw that side off a little bit.

Thanks to Corey who came over and helped me with it!

Watch out UP meeting and Barstow Night Race!

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

sirhk100

Reaction
Well, I'm picking up the POS transmission tomorrow morning @ 9:00 so I might actually have a vehicle that drives again tomorrow night!!!! Watch out next weekend, it's on!!! Might have to become a flat biller..... What ever happened to the group photo last weekend????

lifted golf cart (sold)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
good question lol. I was sad because the Piece broke so I didnt feel like taking one. But this next weekend we have to get one for sure!

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

sirhk100

Reaction
Well if my ride is going I'll be cruising out in it. If it's not going I'll be crusing out in that chicks Taco that I know. Either way I'll be there!!!!! I'll have my hat and I'll make sure she brings one or I'll through an extra in....

lifted golf cart (sold)

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Make sure the front pump seal has either a snap ring to hold it in or the metal around the seal is staked (or has been deformed) to hold the seal in or else the pump pressure will blow the seal out of its recess.

I found out the hard way...on the 91 frwy... about 4:30...

trans had to come out for the *&^&$%*$%^&^@#+_|!!!!!! third time in a month!!!!

<font color=yellow>United Jump Truck Society<font color=yellow>
U.J.B.S. President.

sirhk100

Reaction
Well I just picked it up from TransPros in San Bernadino and am going out to put it in right now. Hopefully I'll be running in a couple hours!!!!!

lifted golf cart (sold)