More changes to the Bark River Raceway!!!!

BF_702

Reaction
Well the track crew has been at it again! New for the august race is 70 foot wide by 100 foot long 12 foot high tabletop jump right in front of the crowd, this leads into an 8 foot birm going right up the opposite side of the long jump hill. The other major change will be exciting, but you will have to wait until race weekend to see this one! The Bark River Lions are working to make our speedway the best track on the traxxas torc series for drivers and the fans. See ya at the track. Brian

Attachments

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
The changes look great.

Nash!

Reaction
Stop!!! You had me at Beer Pavilion! I'm glad the gang in Bark River has their priorities in order!:) Oh yeah, the track looks good too! lol

GEARDOC

Reaction
Looking forward to the race this weekend. Should be a great one. Also looking forward to a rematch in beer pong in the camping area. Hey Allison, are you out there???
Be ready for some more of these
<<-------------------------------------

ML8on

Reaction
Stop!!! You had me at Beer Pavilion! I'm glad the gang in Bark River has their priorities in order!:) Oh yeah, the track looks good too! lol
Yeah...look the beer pavilion is done and the track is still under construction:)

Anyone know how many barrels of beer they need to drink this weekend to beat the record?

BF_702

Reaction
This is what it the new banking looks like looks like now! Should make for some intersting "air". Not sure what the exact record is on barrels i think it is around 135, i'm sure that record will be in jepordy temps are going to be in the 80's! Brian

Attachments

jmason912

Reaction
This is what it the new banking looks like looks like now! Should make for some intersting "air". Not sure what the exact record is on barrels i think it is around 135, i'm sure that record will be in jepordy temps are going to be in the 80's! Brian
Not that is what banking should look like. The west coast track builders are the best at building proper banking and that shows at the LOORRS events as well as the CORR events. BR looks like they have learned how to do it. Crandon needs to learn proper banking, it's not just an added berm in the corner.

Slash01z

Reaction
What was the other major change that was made? I was looking all over and couldn't find it:D

BF_702

Reaction
We has to tone that one down a little bit. We were straightening out the approach leading up to the long jump, which would have added too much speed and would have made unsafe conditions for the drivers. So instead we added 10' birms on the "s" corners just below the long jump. In pro4 the drivers using the birms were hitting the 200 foot mark, the ones not using them around 150'.

Slash01z

Reaction
Ok. I noticed the Berms but didn't relize they where new. Now instead of letting off half way up the hill the could hit it al the way and fly just as far. I think you guys did a great job with all the changes.

Steve_Naughton

Reaction
Best Bark River event that I've been to yet. Love the banked turns and how the drivers use them. Very exciting PL racing both days and the best Pro 2 racing I've ever seen (5 drivers battling for the lead the whole entire race) The competition is more fierce than ever.

Slash01z

Reaction
This year was my first time to Bark river and I have only seen it on tv before this but I will say that the july race was great and the august race even better but the thing was the first race to but mainly the second was that I really felt the changes they made gave it a west coast tight track with big berms and jumps feel while at the same time I felt like I was at crandon with the fast speeds in portions of the track. So I give All the guys at Bark River an A+ for all the work and time they put into the track.:)

hoeker

Reaction
all the changes at bark river were great EXCEPT the 2x2 start and the berms at the bottom of the big jump, that part of the track was a step backwards. now, let's figure out how to use that new land to get back to a landrush start! Thanks to the Bark river crew for a great weekend of racing and they definitely get the award for the mast improved race facility for this year!

Niner

Reaction
I think the changes to the track made some excellent, exciting racing. The table top made some fast lap times, two race lines and better control coming over the hill compared to the bumps that were there originally causing out of control vehicles coming into the narrrow blind hill turn, by the podium.

BF_702

Reaction
HTML:
all the changes at bark river were great EXCEPT the 2x2 start and the berms at the bottom of the big jump, that part of the track was a step backwards. now, let's figure out how to use that new land to get back to a landrush start! Thanks to the Bark river crew for a great weekend of racing and they definitely get the award for the mast improved race facility for this year!
Ross the 2X2 roller was a Torc thing for the 3 pro classes.We have discussed many ideas for a new land rush start on the new property, guess we will see what next year brings. As far as the berms, the drivers that used them had a great deal of success there was a lot of passing in that area of the track and new track speed records were set. Thanks for the award! we will continue to improve our track and facility. Thanks to all the drivers and fans for a record breaking year at BIR!