More gas problems...

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
After speaking with mexican border officers, I found out that unless you get a special permit, you are not allowed to cross any type of fuel from the USA. I mentioned the oncoming race in San Felipe and they said that they haven't got any type of notification from the higher ranked officers about letting race teams to cross their gas. I guess all of you going to San Felipe need to talk with good ol' Sal and see if he can make some arrangements with the Baja goverment so all you people racing can get across with all your racing goodies without the honorable mexican border officers giving you a hard time...

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
I live in mexicali mexico and race the CODE circuit. From what i know gas has never been allowed across the border by any racing team, but the race gas distributors have special permits. At the CODE races, F&L,VP and 76 sell theyre gas at the race contingency, dont they do it at the SCORE races ? When you cross the border in Mexicali, there a buisness that sell VP gas 2 blocks from the border heading to San Felipe, just in case it helps somebody.

JCA

Reaction
Taz this is the way it has always been. I dont mess with it any more. I just buy gas from one the race gas companys and they deliver it to contengency.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com