More Good News Coming From NORRS

Scott Rehn

Reaction
May 12, 2009 ForImmediate Release:

In an Effort to Help Racers, NORRS is Offering DEEP Discounts

After much consideration and in an effort to help all race teams make it to the track in today’s economy, NORRS is announcing a (50%) discount in the registration fee for each and every class racing during the first 2 weekends of the 2009 season.

Aaron Mortenson of NORRS stated, “In today’s economy it is in NORRS & the sport’s best interest to do what we can to help the racers, both PRO & SPORTSMAN. The (50%) discount will be in effect for all classes. We only hope that this helps in some little way to get a few of the teams that might be on the fence, to come out and be apart of our first 4 rounds (2 weekends) of racing. With CBS coverage and all classes getting television exposure, I hope this will be a positive move in trying to get more teams to come race. This may appear to be a move of desperation, but I assure you that it is not. The recent history that has plagued this sport is that the racers were being taken advantage of and NORRS is just trying to give back in some small way.”

So with that being said, bring your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors, anyone you can think of and, let’s make this inaugural event at Antelope Valley, the best Memorial Day weekend ever.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Aaron and I talked about that just today.Glad they made that decision and so quickly.The track was cool today Scott.Where were you and where are the pics from today?I can`t wait to do more laps later this week.The Pollack crew are doing an awesome job on the track.I was able to give each one of them their first rides in an offroad race car.They all got out with huge smiles on their faces.

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Is this what you're talking about Bill? Aaron and the boys were cackling like old ladies playing bingo tonight when they called me. So far this is the only picture that they sent me. Things are coming together with 10 days to go.

Attachments

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Is this what you're talking about Bill? Aaron and the boys were cackling like old ladies playing bingo tonight when they called me. So far this is the only picture that they sent me. Things are coming together with 10 days to go.
Yes that would be one of them.I think that one was from a camera phone.there were many more shots taken tho with a real cam.yeah even Aaron got in the car and road.

450grl

Reaction
Looks nice and WIDE!

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Land Rush Start...... that is what got me hooked with amazement at my first CORR race in '05. Then they took it away!

Big points scored for NORRS.... and the discount.... hope that brings in the numbers..... with a land rush start, it becomes a photog/video guy's dream. Might just have to come down there and check out Antelope Valley for Memorial Day weekend.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Would be good to have you there filming Doug.

450grl

Reaction
Not sure yet Bill...thinking about it! Landrush starts are the best!! :)

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Not sure yet Bill...thinking about it! Landrush starts are the best!! :)
Yeah it won`t be a very long one before having to merge but should be good enough.NORRS is offering some pretty sweet deals for racing their series.Heck a $25.00 crew pass gets you into all the races.And anyone on your team can get a crew pass.

XMOTORCR

Reaction
Yeah it won`t be a very long one before having to merge but should be good enough.NORRS is offering some pretty sweet deals for racing their series.Heck a $25.00 crew pass gets you into all the races.And anyone on your team can get a crew pass.
bill, i was told only 2 crew passes did they change it?

XMOTORCR

Reaction
i'm in the process of putting together a stadium lite(pilots, revolts, briggsbuilt, triple e, etc) class to run up there next weekend i'm just short 1 driver for rd 1 but rd 2 i should be close to 10 cars. so if anyone has one PM me so we can race rd 1.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
i'm in the process of putting together a stadium lite(pilots, revolts, briggsbuilt, triple e, etc) class to run up there next weekend i'm just short 1 driver for rd 1 but rd 2 i should be close to 10 cars. so if anyone has one PM me so we can race rd 1.
Bring em 10 cars not needed.call me if you`d like.(661)886-2877 I`ll help any way I can.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Bill track looks good. Tell Riley and Sutten i said hi.
Dennis

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
sorry to point this out , but with 100% payback, by cutting the entry fee in half this only discourages the fast guys from coming as now they only win half as much....................for the donkeys its great as they are only donating half as much to the fast guys...............................now, back to the positive stuff.............

Scott Rehn

Reaction
First off, the first positive step would be "pistol" keeping his nose out of short course issues UNTIL he actually appears on a "short course" track. Secondly, sorry to dispell your belief there Petey, but the payback is NOT being affected in any way by the discounted entry fee. The payback figures are the same and will remain the same as they were initially stated BEFORE the announcement of the 50% discount in the entry fee. I am also pretty sure that your reference, "donkeys," of certain individuals isnt appreciated very much either. As the earlier press release stated, NORRS is trying to "give back" to the racers a little bit after recent history showed that they had been kind of taken advantage of.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
First off, the first positive step would be "pistol" keeping his nose out of short course issues UNTIL he actually appears on a "short course" track. Secondly, sorry to dispell your belief there Petey, but the payback is NOT being affected in any way by the discounted entry fee. The payback figures are the same and will remain the same as they were initially stated BEFORE the announcement of the 50% discount in the entry fee. I am also pretty sure that your reference, "donkeys," of certain individuals isnt appreciated very much either. As the earlier press release stated, NORRS is trying to "give back" to the racers a little bit after recent history showed that they had been kind of taken advantage of.
so you are paying 100% payback on the original entry fee?????? even though you are only collecting half???? basically that would be 200% payback!!!! which would be GREAT and actually may attract more racers........................................but i doubt it...............correct me if im wrong here..................werent you part of the last ripoff????............