Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Where are you finding these things Pat?

07FJRog

Reaction
not liking it at all either. but someone is happy with it.

Last edited:

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Its somebodys pride and joy, didn't anyone ever teach that if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all?

-Alex ;)
Are you serious?

It looks like the fabricator bought only one tube bender die from Harbor Freight!

Alex Paterson

Reaction
Are you serious?

It looks like the fabricator bought only one tube bender die from Harbor Freight!
I am serious and you wanna know why I am serious?

Its one thing to sit in tech all day watching cars comes through and "critique" them or to see something while you are out in the desert and say to yourself, what a pile, what were they thinking but to start a thread just to bash someones car that they obviously have some pride in, just seems kinda small and unneeded to me.

That may not be the buggy you would own but I bet you the guy that takes it out will have a good time with it. If there are safety issues then let him know but if you just thinks it fuggly...then why bother mocking it.

-Alex

43mod

Reaction
maybe vegas has got you all blinged out.this guy has built a pretty neat rig.i am sure you could pick my rig to peaces .there were more than a few bullring guys that wanted to know what dirt track we raced at until after the race,then they wanted to know who built this car that drove around them.

5racer

Reaction
I am serious and you wanna know why I am serious?

Its one thing to sit in tech all day watching cars comes through and "critique" them or to see something while you are out in the desert and say to yourself, what a pile, what were they thinking but to start a thread just to bash someones car that they obviously have some pride in, just seems kinda small and unneeded to me.

That may not be the buggy you would own but I bet you the guy that takes it out will have a good time with it. If there are safety issues then let him know but if you just thinks it fuggly...then why bother mocking it.

-Alex
i agree with you alex, pjc you were out of line ,now man up to it.

Alex Paterson

Reaction
Dangerous. That chassis will fail if there haven't been any tubes and gussets added to it.
The A' pillar needs another tube and then they should add a B' pillar. I am not a master fabricator nor do I pretend to be but it just seemed out of character for Pat to start this thread.

Its one thing for him to bash politicians and fight for land rights but to beat up someones work just to puff his chest is not right, IMO.

-Alex

Stinky Gas

Reaction
Somebody tried to get creative with that front end and the sheet metal work! Not my style, but better than what I have.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
maybe vegas has got you all blinged out.this guy has built a pretty neat rig.i am sure you could pick my rig to peaces .there were more than a few bullring guys that wanted to know what dirt track we raced at until after the race,then they wanted to know who built this car that drove around them.
Bling? How about the concept of safety?

That thing is a death trap in a roll over.

Bull ring? Does that thing race oval track or is it just used to drag an old chainlink fence to cut the grooves down in the track surface?

What do you like best, the lack of B pillars? The 60's era Citroen headlight styling? How about the horizontal heims where uniballs should be?

Funny thing about successful fabricators (or any engineer for that matter) - even the new ones, they all study what works in depth and then make subtle changes as a course of engineered refinement which, I think is stark contrast to the creator of this pile who likely was stoned every day while he was creating his "work of art" or "neat rig" as you call it.

Last edited:

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
i agree with you alex, pjc you were out of line ,now man up to it.
Lemme see now.. I need to agree with you and that would enable me to "man up"?

If you don't mind, I'll pass.

Last edited:

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
The A' pillar needs another tube and then they should add a B' pillar. I am not a master fabricator nor do I pretend to be but it just seemed out of character for Pat to start this thread.
I guess you missed my thread a few months ago about the Buckshot car in the classifieds. As of late, Andrew (Buck) has taken his circus over to Dubai to sell his ego strokes to the Sheiks. I wonder if he is repeating his stateside antics and has found a dune jump he repeats time, and time and time again to the entertainment of local mouth breathers.

Its one thing for him to bash politicians and fight for land rights but to beat up someones work just to puff his chest is not right, IMO.

-Alex
There you go with your ASSumptions again as well as your inability to connect the dots. Clue = I am not a car builder.

What irks me is the small cadre of people behind this stuff and charge hard working and commonly unknowing people a shiat load of money for the ugly and unsafe crap they produce.

Last edited:

nickhead

Reaction
Just out of curiosity PJC, what have you built?.. u seem to have the "knowledge" here, so I am just curious.. please post up some pics..

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Just out of curiosity PJC, what have you built?.. u seem to have the "knowledge" here, so I am just curious.. please post up some pics..
Nothin' but hobby stuff for myself.

That's the difference, I don't build unsafe vehicles for sale and that unfortunate buyers can never sell or recoup their hard earned money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.