More Hideous than a Buckshot Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co-Dog

Reaction
just out of curiosity, wheres those heims that should be unibals?:confused:

I was asking myself the same question. I took a closer look and still can't find any heims where uniballs should be. Hmmmm:rolleyes:

PJC quote, "The builder is commercial and took the poor guy for $60k or more." <<<< That must be a fact, . . . .cuz, . . . uh, . . . well, . . . right?

If it was custom built for 60k, the guy got himself a custom sandcar for 60 grand. Not bad. Also not likely.
I've read the entire thread, but I still can't figure out who built this thing. It certainly looks like it has been changed a couple of times, and while there are some commercial looking aspects to the construction, I'm putting my money on the majority of it being homegrown. If I "connect some more dots" (read: Assume), then I can say with 100% certainty, that the guy in the picture is the owner, the builder, the sheet metal fabricator, the repo man, some combination of the four, or none of the above. I am so good at this game. Pat on the back for me (no pun intended).:D

To the guy who built this thing from scratch on a shoestring budget, after work, in his garage, with the intent of making a sand car he could call his own:

Nice Work! High marks for originality. Hope you don't mind me making a suggestion. If your gonna take it anywhere other than the sand, throw a couple of gussets in when you get a chance. Other than that, ignore those that are "holier than thou", wear your helmet and have fun!

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
This is a PM I recieved from PJC in respons to my leaving him (less) rep points

even if you think somebody is the biggest douche in history a PM ought to stay a private...

green787

Reaction
Yeah, PJC you finally stuck your foot in it and now you can't pull it out like a man and face yourself in the mirror... Your little squid communications company is a joke... Your Jimco is a joke... You are becoming a joke... Next time you run that highly degreed engineered piece of junk in the desert consider ending it all on a rock somewhere... but make sure you video tape it so we can all have one more laugh about your sorry little life....

randy s

Reaction
Yeah, PJC you finally stuck your foot in it and now you can't pull it out like a man and face yourself in the mirror... Your little squid communications company is a joke... Your Jimco is a joke... You are becoming a joke... Next time you run that highly degreed engineered piece of junk in the desert consider ending it all on a rock somewhere... but make sure you video tape it so we can all have one more laugh about your sorry little life....
wow. that there commentary is stronger than laundry. ending it all on a rock? i don't wish that on anyone.......well, there IS my ex-wife.....

SEANY

Reaction

with this post you put yourself right next to PJC on my list of people to not be anything like.

randy1123

Reaction
I think they should lock this thread.
I try to fabricate, but suck. This thread should have never been started. Let it die.

Ziggy

Reaction
I'm sorry boys but thats an awful lookng piece of kaka.It looks like a tank/bus hybrid that Jay Leno would build.

Ziggy

Reaction
Ziggy,

Do onto others as you would wish them do onto you!

I believe that is how it goes ;)

-Alex

Exactly.
I would hope that if I was building a death trap like that, someone would have the balls to tell me so.
Looking at the picture in the shop, the only thing it is short of is a center blade, and it would qualify as a grader for Gods sake.1st time that thing hits a jump it will fold in half.
Its a matter of safety.
I am always up for a laugh at someone elses expense including my own.
Get over it Alex,you cant save the whole earth or defend everyone,you'll burn up laddy

Alex Paterson

Reaction
Exactly.
I would hope that if I was building a death trap like that, someone would have the balls to tell me so.
Looking at the picture in the shop, the only thing it is short of is a center blade, and it would qualify as a grader for Gods sake.1st time that thing hits a jump it will fold in half.
Its a matter of safety.
I am always up for a laugh at someone else's expense including my own.
Get over it Alex,you cant save the whole earth or defend everyone,you'll burn up laddy

Sweet, critique it, not say it looks like crap but give no reasons. Two pictures do not tell the story behind the vehicle. I am not trying to save the world just don't get it why people on the internet feel the need to bash someones buggy and start a thread in order to do it.

Ask youself, would you go up to the owner of the car and say to them face to face,

"Nice death trap, the only thing it is short of is a center blade, and it would qualify as a grader for Gods sake. 1st time that thing hits a jump it will fold in half"

If you wouldn't do it in person then why do it online.

-Alex

Ziggy

Reaction
Sweet, critique it, not say it looks like crap but give no reasons. Two pictures do not tell the story behind the vehicle. I am not trying to save the world just don't get it why people on the internet feel the need to bash someones buggy and start a thread in order to do it.

Ask youself, would you go up to the owner of the car and say to them face to face,

"Nice death trap, the only thing it is short of is a center blade, and it would qualify as a grader for Gods sake. 1st time that thing hits a jump it will fold in half"

If you wouldn't do it in person then why do it online.

-Alex

Its kinda funny you say that.In my circle of people I am called the "truth teller".
Your are right to an extent in that I would prolly leave out the "blade" part but the safety part would remain.
I do it on nline for fun to get people going and it works.:D:D:D

knucklemeat

Reaction
this thread somewhat resembles my own fab.........full of bird poop and lacking in structure:)

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
Pat, a sincere word of advice: "Never bully or second guess people who are clearly wiser than you".

You must know by now who Dump is, (Derek Collins), probably the best and most respected fabricator anywhere. It is like sparring with Mike Tyson in his prime

I urge you to return to Purple where, you know, BS threads are the norm....but not here bro.

Seriously, lock this baby up and call it a day....It has been a rough fay for you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.