More Lift on my '98 F-150

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
More Lift on my \'98 F-150

I have a '98 Ford F-150 w/Camburg a-arms, ball joints, Eibach spings, Bilstein 5100 shocks.

Anyone know if I can or how to raise the front end a little bit more without adding spindles? The front is not quite even with the back end. It is not a performance problem, just looks. The suspension works great for what I do with it. Thanks!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Tyson

Reaction
Re: More Lift on my \'98 F-150

Well, I would suggest just getting the spindles seeing as how you like the way it currently rides. Anything else you do may make it stiffer. Just my .02

Laterz

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction

does your trucks x-cab doors both open or only the passenger side? if not get a coil spring for a 01' they spring rate might be stiffer because of have 2 rear doors but ask Jerry for sure other than that you will have to step up too spindles. or maybe some air shocks up front?? J/K

mustafa

Reaction

Put more air in the front tires.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

I didn't think about the air in the tires...Wow! I put 75psi in the front and dropped the rears down to 15psi. It looks bitchen now! J/K.

What does the 1 or 2 door have to do with it? Weight?

I thought about stiffer springs but I don't want the a-arms to sit on the bump stop. I guess I'll just leave it and put a spring in it next time I get new tires. I already knew the answer but wanted to see if anyone had any wiz-bang ideas! Thanks for the time.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction

go to a 35" tire in the front and a 30 in the rear. Should do the trick and you will be able to burnout killer too.

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

BONUS!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction

What have you done to the back? If you have put a leaf pack did you flip your hanger/shackles?

www.offroadrangers.com]

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

F150s come flipped.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.animalhousedesigns.net>Animal House</A>

scott

Reaction

No Way dude, Sandbags in the bed.....If you have one?????

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction

Camburg does offer spring spacers for the Ranger kits, they may also offer the same for the F-150. I had the same problem with my ranger after I put there extreme 4 wheel drive kit on my truck. It also had Nationals in the back. It sat kind of stink bug for a while. Jerry mentioned that these spacers could be bought to raise the front a little more. Eventually the springs settled in the rear so I didn't have to do the spacers. Look into it.
-Josh

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.JTB-Design.com>www.JTB-Design.com</A>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

Thanks!

BRAAAAAAAAP!