More Off Road Trivia

Jimmy8

Reaction
Well, it has been quite a while since my last installment of Off Road Trivia, but quite frankly I have been running out of questions. Here is a few. Some easy, some more difficult, give it a shot.
1. What off road racer has the most career championships?
2. What driver won the 1992 SCORE Championship in the Mini-Mag class?
3. Along with Jimmie Johnson, who else was entered in the Nelson and Nelson Chevy Thunder Class 8 at the 1995 San Felipe 250?
4. Name the tire company that produced the "Desert Dog" off road tire?
Non off road bonus question
B1. Name the only proffesional motorsport (to my knowledge) that does not use numbers on their cars?

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

artman

Reaction
1 Jim Sumners
2. Scott Steinberger
3. Don't know
4. Formula Tires
B1. WRC or Formula 1

Jimmy8

Reaction
I saw a correct answer for #2 which was Scott Steinberger. I saw 1 1/2 correct for #4 which was Formula Tires, but Formula Tires were manufactured by Armstrong making them both kind of right. As for the bonus, the correct answer was Formula 1 or (F1). Keep going on 1 and 3.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

MikeLeung

Reaction
When I used to race 5-1600 I had a set of Desert Dogs. But they had Armstrong badging on them. I didn't see or remember anything with F1???Humm

hoeker

Reaction
1. how about mac? he got 4 last year alone

LIGHTS RIGHT
www.rosshoek.com

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
TRIVIA!!!! WooooHoooo!

#1 "Baja Rodney" Hall. He raced longer/more consistently than Manny, without missing any seasons. That's got to add up to more championships?

#3 Kyle Taylor

The truck they ran during the majority of the '95 season was Taylor's Class 8. It was "leased" to Nelson & Nelson so Jimmie would have something to drive. Ragland was driving the old N & N 8 in TT, while the new TT (Arnold) was under construction.

Final Answer!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
#1 Manny..as long as he has been racing he has to have a ton of wins.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

Jimmy8

Reaction
I have numerous old advertisements for the Desert Dog Tires and all say Formula on the sidewall and all over the ad, but down at the bottom in small print it says they are manufactured Armstrong. I do not know the specifics on the tires, but my guess is that armstrong may have dropped the Formula brand and rebranded the tires as their own. As for question 1, since his championship this year may be tied with the person I am thinking of, but I am not for certain. Hint: This person may have also raced motorcycles. Tony got the right anser with Kyle Taylor for number 3.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Jimmy8 on 12/12/02 04:45 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Jimmy-

#1 Revised: Jack Johnson?

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Jimmy8

Reaction
Nope, not yet. I don't know exactally how accurate my info is, but I think the person i am thinking of is still racing and still on top.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

BA_DirtDriver

Reaction
Johnnie Campbell?
no change my guess to Larry Roesler

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BA_DirtDriver on 12/12/02 05:49 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
We raced on Armstrong’s for several years. They were a major supporter and supplier of tires at the races. They always had their big inflatable Rhinoceros there at contingency. Los Campeones Pit Team used to get free tires for our chase and street vehicles, from them for testing, and we had to drive them in every 5000 miles to be checked. Armstrong offered several tires that we raced on at various times: Norseman, Tru Trac (sp), Desert Dog, and Desert Dog Formula. Later Armstrong started selling some of the tires under the Formula name. They were a good tire, and a lot of big teams raced on them. Back then there were several major tire companies involved (Armstrong, Goodyear, General, BFG, Yokahama, Cooper)

Jimmy8

Reaction
You got it with Dan Smith. Thanks for clarification on the tires. I will try and post some more questions in the next couple of days. With all of the previous trivia threads, I am running low on quality questions. I will see what I can come up with.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Dave_G

Reaction
Jimmy,
Dan and Dave are still no slouches when it comes to motorcycles these days. I've ridden with both of them for fun in the past few years and those guys will blow your helmet off and leave you in the dust. Very, very, talented riders they still are.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."